Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

I Think I Might Have An Std

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
i'm so incredbley stupid for having unprotected sex to begin with...
anyway.... to make a long story short...
i had sex with this guy about a month ago. a couple days later i noticed that i had this discharge that was lumpy like cottage cheese... and it smelled like sor milk. i'm a very clena person so i noticed right away.
i looked up possible causes and i decided to call my family doctor and ask for a script for Flagyl since it would take forever to get into my ob/gyn plus it's kind of embarrassing.... the family doc believed me when i said i needed it for a rash (caused by an allergic reaction to tanning lotion) so i took 500mg 2x a day for a couple days and it cleared up.... so then like a !**@! i went and had sex with this guy again.... thinking maybe it wasn't him Confused and i was ok for about a week or 2. i think we've had sex 2 or 3 times... the last time being on 6/12. so toya out of nowhere i feel this discharge coming out and i went to the bathroom to wipe thinking that it's my period... and it's not Sad it's that clumpy sour smelling discharge again Sad Sad Sad
i'm so confused about what this could be... it sounds like a yeast infection because it's clumpy but then it doesn't itch or burn at all... and it doesn't smell fishy... it smells like sour milk almost... and also ive had sme mild pain in my lower abdomen and back but i'm not 100% sure its beause of this. i have some flagyl left so i took 1000mg of it so far today.

is anyone familiar with these symptoms?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Why can't you go to an ob-gyn? Planned parenthoods are anonymous.
|

replied June 19th, 2007
Experienced User
It does sound like a yeast infection, despite you not having all the classic symptoms. Even if it isn't, you should get yourself checked out, because a foul odor of any kind coming from your vagina can signal an infection. Out of curiosity, why did you have your doctor prescribe an anti-rash cream? It doesn't seem like the two would go together. It was probably pure coincidence that the discharge seemed to clear up for a while. Please don't self-diagnose and take medicines when you aren't sure what the problem is - that can be dangerous. Does your ob-gyn have an emergency line where you can speak to a midwife? She might be able to get you in earlier if you explain your concerns. Try not to be embarrassed about this - doctors have seen it all and then some. If you have unprotected sex, be good to your body and get yourself checked out.
|

replied June 19th, 2007
thanks for the replies Smile

there isn't a planned parenthood in my area. i live pretty much in the middle of nowhere... and when i called my ob/gyn they couldnt get my in till the end of july! all i told them was that i had some sort of infection and why i thought so.

and the reason i got the flagyl was because many many years ago... when i was still a teenager, i had something like this. there was an outbreak of trich in my school. anyway, i went to the doctor and got flagyl and it cleared it right up.... so then i haven't had any kinda of grossness since then up until last month.... with the exception of trich in highschool, the only time i've ever had any kind of infection was wheni was taking antibiotics and i got a YI. so every time after that i would eat yogurt nd i'd be ok. i've never had anything else going on... thats why i noticed it right away.
so when i went to the doctor, i used a rash as an excuse to get the flagyl.... (pills) kind of like how a drug addict tricks a doctor into giving them painkillers. Embarassed
since last night i've taken 2000mg or 2gr. and it seems to have cleared up alot.... but i'm think ing that maybe i should still go because the symptoms i'm having aren't consistant with just one thing... i'm having one symptom each of 2 or 3 different things.

thanks again for the replies ladies
|