Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Strange Bumps

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I noticed some strange small bumps on my nipples yesterday. Kind of in a circle all around my nipple. I never noticed these before. My breasts aren't sore. Could this be a sign I'm pregnant? I don't think I've ever read about it happening in the first trimester. I thought it was something that would happen later on.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Jude-Love
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
I was just reading online about this and this is what it said : "Montgomery's Tubercules"
Definition: These are small goose bump like raised areas on the areola of your breast. This is not an additional nipple and is not a problem. This is considered a possible sign of pregnancy. Here is the web http://pregnancy.about.com/od/signssymptom s/a/25signsofpg.htm
I hope this helps

Becky
|

replied July 12th, 2007
NO THEY ARE NOT A SIGN OF PREGNANCY!! The only thing about those montgomery's glands is that they increase segnificantly in size when pregnant.. if they are tiny... YOUR NOT PREGNANT... but if those bumps are very and i mean VERY large and raised... then you ARE PREGNANT

Every single woman on this planet has them... some are visible some are not... and please do not squeeze out the white substance that can be found in the glands, because you may get in infection if you do so...

and you dont want to have an infection in your nipple... it would really hurt
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Britters wrote:
NO THEY ARE NOT A SIGN OF PREGNANCY!! The only thing about those montgomery's glands is that they increase segnificantly in size when pregnant.. if they are tiny... YOUR NOT PREGNANT... but if those bumps are very and i mean VERY large and raised... then you ARE PREGNANT

Every single woman on this planet has them... some are visible some are not... and please do not squeeze out the white substance that can be found in the glands, because you may get in infection if you do so...

and you dont want to have an infection in your nipple... it would really hurt

ok i have a problem with your postings
you should research beofre you post ok

it could be a sign or pregnancy however its one of the many possible signs and could meen absolutely nothinh
this happened to me around 8 weeks
i got those tiny goose bumps
now they are bigger and im 18 weeks tomarrow
so it could be
but id test anyways

signs meen nothing sometimes

|

replied July 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Britters wrote:

Honey, you are 17 and have not been pregnant and haven't even had sex yet. Please don't post things that you don't know about. Having large and raised bumps does not necessarily mean that you are pregnant.

Try being a little more sensitive in your posts instead of assuming you are correct.
|

replied July 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
I dont know if it has anything to do with pregnancy, I have them and I am not pregnant , and I didn't notice them untill after I had my first child. I think they are just normal, although who knows it could be a sign, especially if they have just showed up, or are larger, and your breasts are tender. The best way to know is to take a test.
|

replied June 13th, 2011
i have them and i will be 22 weeks in 4 days
|

replied March 21st, 2013
i have them too and i have a five month old son , this was one of the signs i was pregnant the first time could i be pregnant again?
|

replied May 15th, 2013
I have them and the one on my riight nipple is raised up! Ive had it for about 2months and i am NOT pregnant. I actually came here for help but after reading all these post im pretty sure im even more nervous tht something could be wrong now.

I really hope it isnt cancer. Im making a doctors apt asap!
|

replied June 8th, 2013
If you think your pregnant go to the health department and get a free pregnancy test . Its better to know for sure if you are or not and if you think something is wrong with your body go to the doctors and get it checked . I am 36 weeks today and i do have little bumps around my nipples but i have had them for as long as i can remeber and my doctor told me that everybody has them . Its completly normal even my boyfriend has them but sometimes they are very hard to see . Oh and dont squeeze or try to "pop"them because it could get infected
|

replied March 20th, 2014
What if they were never raised before and now they are? My husband and I have been TTC for the past three months and this is something new that we both noticed different lately I also have sore breasts and slight cramping AF is due in 4 days and I am hoping she doesn't come and ideas?
|