Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

Sterile / low Sperm Count

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
We are trying to get pregnant, but we think that my husband is sterile or has a low sperm count. How would we be able to tell without going into the doctors office?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Welcome to .ehealth!

I'm not sure that there is a way to test aside from going to the doctors. How long have you been ttc?
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Sterile/low Sperm Count
We have been trying for about a year now. I was told that if the cum is clear like water then there are no sperm in there, and if it was a milky color then there was sperm. Is this true?
|

replied June 20th, 2007
What Worked For Us...
I too suffer from a low count(on the low side of average)…the best way to determine this for sure is to have your husband make an appointment with a urologist and as they say “make a donation”. This is really the only way to tell for sure and is the easiest, most affordable first step to determine why you have been unable to conceive. If his count is okay then it is time for you to make an appointment to get checked out if you haven’t already. On top of my low count, my wife also suffered from ovarian cysts. We have been trying to get pregnant for over two years. A few months ago, we decided that she should get prescription for glucophlage after speaking to our fertility doctor. My brother-in-law(who is a dentist) suggested that I/we try taking goji berry juice before she starts putting chemicals in her body. He had been prescribing it to his patients for a year or so to help with periodontal disease with great success. In his studies he discovered that it has also been an effective fertility enhancer/cyst reducer. According to my research, it also helps the sperm be more effective in their travel to the egg. I am very skeptical of health food fads, so I told him that I didn't think it was for us. He persisted and gave us a months supply as a gift. So I thought what the heck...I'll try it. After just a couple of days, we both noticed that we were getting the best sleep of our lives. We attributed this to the juice and since insomnia has always been an issue for both of us, we have continued to take it for the last 4 months. At my wife's last annual her doctor found no signs of cysts! Now I am happy to report that last week we found out that we are pregnant. I am a believer now, and I hope that other men and women will benefit from this wonderful all natural alternative. The following is a link to the company that I buy goji from. Check it out and judge for yourself. I hope this helps.
|

replied June 20th, 2007
Sperm/low Sperm Count
Thank you for the information. I will surely look into the Goji Berry Juice. My husband at the moment works for a health store (starts a new job on Monday). He has some sort of juice with the Goji in it. We are going to look into some of the other health food stores to see if we can find the Goji Berry Juice there. I will also look into that website to see about ordering it from there. We don't think that there is anything wrong with me. I have had 2 other children (14 & 12) from a previous marriage. Now, could something have changed since I gave birth to my youngest, possibly. I know we are crazy for having one with my youngest being 12, but he doesn't have any of his own. We had decided before we got married not to have any, but I didn't want either one of regretting that decision. We also think that weight has an issue in the matter as well.

Congratulations on the pregnancy!!!!!!! I hope that your pregnancy is as wonderful as mine was. May you have a happy, healthy baby.
|

replied January 16th, 2009
yeast infections
Everyone always said yeast infections could cause sterilization. I was always ashamed of the age when I had sex and couldn't really talk to my mom about my problems down there. I constantly get yeast infections and went several years without being treated (meanwhile still having sex). My husband and I have been together for a total of 7 years (married for 4). Last year, we found out he was sterile without a cause...I can't seem to want to have sex with him because I feel like it was my fault. He thinks its because he can't fil-full my dream of being the mother of his children.
|

replied April 28th, 2010
Natural Insemination is an easy procedure that should be considered by every couple in which the man is sterile.
|

replied July 29th, 2013
Am I sterile
I must be sterile because me and my gf of a year and a half I have came in her at lest 100 times and I'm fearing about my future if I can have kids or not it's pure milk color from what the comments above say that the sperm is there help?
|
Tags: Infertility
Quick Reply