Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Woke Up to Foot Hurting

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
Last night I woke up in the middle of the night to a decent amount of pain in my right foot. It really only hurts to move or stand on, but I'm the sort of person that likes to stand on it a lot. The problem seems to be in the major joint (my own jargon, but I'm talking about the one that is the ball of your foot) only. The other joint closer to the tip of my big toe feels fine. All of my other toes feel fine. I guess what really motivated me to even find this forum and post this, is not just that I want the pain to go away, but if anyone can explain how I injured myself in my sleep, I would appreciate it.

If any questions help I would be glad to answer them.
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper cardfan90
|

replied September 15th, 2009
I suffered that twice. Same pain, same place, same unknown way....... Could have we been abducted???? je... let's call mulder and scully... seriously... not idea what could it be.
Regards,
Alejandro from Buenos Aires
|

replied October 4th, 2009
From the location and quickness overnight I would pursue gout as a diagnosis.
|

replied December 26th, 2009
Woke up with random foot pain-no injury occured.
I also woke up yesterday with a significant amount of foot pain in my right foot. I cannot walk or stand on it. It hurts in the soft arch part right below the ball of the foot. There is a mild pain when I am not on it, but when I try to put weight on the foot or bend it backwards(in the motion of taking a step), a good amount of pain shoots through the foot. I am just getting over a head cold, but am otherwise healthy.

I just treated it with acupuncture, which usually does the trick every time, and it did not cure the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Sky Minor
|

replied January 19th, 2012
This type of foot problem occurs in the spine. It happens when a nerve gets pinched. The pain almost feels like your foot is broken. You can't walk on it & when you attempt to it's almost unbearable. What's happening is the muscle in your foot are locking up almost in a cramp like feeling. Don't wast co-pays going to the doctor, they will only send you to get an x-ray which wont tell you anything. The best cure is to take 3-4 ibuprofen, lay back & drop your foot up with a pillow. Also get a heating pad and place it on your upper spine, that is where the nerve is that is getting bothered. Sorry to say this is 24 hour thing. If you don't walk on it and keep heat on your back you should wake up the next morning able to walk but your foot will be sore as if you had a very bad cramp in it. Also drink plenty of water, it'll help the muscles calm down in your foot. Sorry to anyone who has suffered this injury, it's very painful! People who have had a back injury or has rods in their spine most commonly suffer with this injury, so this may be the reason you might be suffering as well..Hope this helps out!
|