Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

First Pack. No Period.

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I am now going to be on my third reminder pill... and i havent gotten my period. whats up? my boyfriend and i have had sex this month.. no condom. he never actually came in my.. i know all about pre ejaculate but my packet said i'm be protected after 10days. i'm stressing now... i'm scared, my mom says its because i'm new on the pill and my body is just getting used to the meds. am i pregerz or is this normal for first time pill takers?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Experienced User
Yeah, it's normal and nothing to worry about.

Even after taking the pill for years, my bleeding is still irregular sometimes. Sometimes I won't start bleeding until 4 days into my pill-free week.

I don't think it's too early to take a pregnancy test to be certain, but from the sounds of it, the test would surely be negative.

It's perfectly normal if you don't start bleeding within the first few days of your reminder/placebo pills, and it's also normal to have some breakthrough bleeding during your active pills - especially in your first few months of taking birth control.
|

replied June 18th, 2007
I'm Just so nervous... because if i was pregnant... my family wdould so disown me... i'm the perfect child in there eyes... my mom put me on birth control to help with my cramps and my heavy bleeding. oh gosh.. i know stress isn't helping.
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Experienced User
Stress is definitely not helping. Stress can cause your period to be late too, so relax!

I've been there too. Running to the bathroom 20 times a day hoping to find that you've started your period - even though there's like zero chance you could be pregnant. Not fun.

Relax, take it easy and let us know when aunt flo does come to visit. Smile
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Okay... So I am on YAZ. and i only have four "reminder Pills"... so how do i know if i am okay.. if my bleeding comes on day four or so? and do you think that i should check out a pregnancy test if i was very regular on my pills (same time everyday) and i take my pills at night does that have anything to do with this?
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Jhack wrote:
Okay... So I am on YAZ. and i only have four "reminder Pills"... so how do i know if i am okay.. if my bleeding comes on day four or so? and do you think that i should check out a pregnancy test if i was very regular on my pills (same time everyday) and i take my pills at night does that have anything to do with this?

Your period could come on any day of the reminder pills... Is this your first month? If you're regular and responsible when you take them, then there should be no need for a pregnancy test.
|

replied June 18th, 2007
this is my first month. i'm just so new to the whole process... so i guess i'm worried about everything.
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Jhack wrote:
this is my first month. i'm just so new to the whole process... so i guess i'm worried about everything.

I don't think it will be bad whatever day your period starts. Even if you don't get it, start your new pack. Have you had sex without other protection? If you've been taking it perfectly it shouldn't matter, but to soothe your mind, if there is a possibility of pregnancy, then just take a test. I don't think you're pregnant.
|

replied June 18th, 2007
yes.. i have... i have used the withdrawl method.. if you can even call it a method. i know it doesn't work but its still better then nothing... i'm maybe ten to twenty mins off every once and a while.. but every night 10:15 its me and my pill. with only four days how do i konw if i got it or if i missed it? (like pregerz missed it)
|

replied June 19th, 2007
AUNT FLO!!!!! day three place bos... thanks!
|

replied June 19th, 2007
Experienced User
Yay! Glad to hear you can have a sigh of relief.

As for your comments about the withdrawl method. Of course you're right, it's not a method but you .A.R.E using a method. You are on birth control - one of the most effective methods of preventing pregnancy when taken properly! That's .W.A.Y better than nothing! It's a good idea to also protect yourself against .S.T.I's but aside from that you really don't need to use the withdrawl method.

I've never used withdrawl as a method in addition to another form of birth control. It's not a method, so there's no point.... plus, it must really suck for the guy.... I mean, when I'm moments from orgasm - I'm not stopping for nothin!!! Haha.

You don't have to be concerned that you're taking your pills at night. If that's a good time for you to remember to take your pill, then that's the perfect time for you.
|

replied June 19th, 2007
Thank you so mjuch.. just for everything..
|