Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Bad Razor Burn - Emergency !

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
so ive got me into a quite embarassing situation..i naired my ass and now i have bad razor burn.. this is the worst place possible to have razor burn because eveyrtime i sit or move around it gets more irrated and new bumps appear..

what should i do?? is there any creams or something that will help ease/clear up the irritation?

i start summer courses soon and the class is gonna involve a whole lotta sitting..help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Don't worry, I'm sure many of us have done similar things.

A lotion with aloe or cucumber in it may soothe, or preparation h could do the trick. Try to get something unscented, because some of those additives can make raw skin burn.
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, aloe would be good. Pure aloe would probably be ideal if you could get it.

In the future, read labels! I believe Nair bottles say not to use the product near genitals or your bottom. It's probably nothing serious, it's just that the stuff is a little strong for those sensitive parts.
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Llewellyn wrote:
Yeah, aloe would be good. Pure aloe would probably be ideal if you could get it.

In the future, read labels! I believe Nair bottles say not to use the product near genitals or your bottom. It's probably nothing serious, it's just that the stuff is a little strong for those sensitive parts.

it didnt say not to use on ur butt ! =[

ill be getting some pure aloe on tuesday from wholefoods and ill see how that works out.

thanks for the instant response =D
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
lordsofla wrote:

it didnt say not to use on ur *t ! =[

Yikes! It probably should. I guess if it is too strong for your genitals, you should not be putting it on your *t either, Laughing but yeah, they should definitely write that on the bottle. Let us know how you make out with that. Smile
|

replied July 16th, 2008
Prevent Razor Burn
I have found that keeping your razor blade sharp helps reduce razor burn, but they go dull so fast and it's expensive to keep changing your blades. I have found a cool product called the ecoRazo that will keep your blades sharp, so you don't have to buy new blades all the time.

---
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2008
Experienced User
Also, there's a product called "Bikini Zone" that I use after waxing or shaving. Use it right after hair removal and it works great. Hope you're doing better.
|
Quick Reply