Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Watery Discharge

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
is it normal to have more of a watery discharge while pregnant? I am 27 weeks prego. Like sometimes it feels like im peeing on myself when it comes out. There's quite a bit that comes out. Sorry if this is tmi.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile tinkinpink84
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2007
Experienced User
i had that happen a couple weeks ago... it actually WAS pee.... it doesn't feel like that's where it's comming from but that's what it is... i had just gone to the bathrom and stood up to pull up my pants and it happened, so i sat down and wiped again... it happened like 5 times before i was able to control it... the next day i told my mom and she told me it wasn't actually discharge it was urine and i should try wearing diapers... but it hasn't happened since so i don't wear them...

but still you should ask your doctor as soon as possible... it could be a bad bladder control problem dues to where the baby is sitting in your tummy... Luck hunni!
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I would definitely tell your physician.
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
It's normal to have that. The baby is more on your bladder and if you aren't toned, it happens. Try kegel exercises - that really helps. It will help for an easier labour too. Hope this helps!
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
it could be that or ur water possibly leaking, i would def talk to your dr about this, with my son when i went into labor my water just leaked and i thought i was peeing myself. i even started getting contractions really bad and still attempted to go to sleep cuz i didnt think it was my water at all. They say when your water breaks or leaks it has a sweet smell so if it smells sweet i would get to the ER otherwise its probably your bladder.
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Experienced User
Well the reason why I dont think its pee is b/c its thick, not like pee. And it doesnt just come out after I use the restroom. It will happen anytime in the day. Its been going on now for a few weeks.
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Heavy discharge is normal for some women during pregnancy. I'm sorry this got derailed onto urinary incontinence, but both can be common during pregnancy.

Your issue, however, is discharge and it can be troublesome. Sometimes wearing a pantyliner can help. At least you won't be wearing wet undies all day!

Sorry to say it can last until the end, or can let up on it's own. If there is a foul smell to it, talk to your doctor.
|

replied June 18th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
i've had both. sigh. and yes, i have had to wear pantyliners every day for the past 3 or 4 months. Rolling Eyes . if it smells bad or changes colour it could be a sign of a bladder infection, which you would want to treat as quickly as possible as they can be really painful and can spread to your kidneys. it's always a good idea to mention things to your doc if you're worried about them. it can't hurt, right? it's also a good idea to get a pregnancy book or two because they can let you know what things are more normal for pregnancy and which things can be a sign of premature labour or other complications. coming here and asking is good but sometimes you have to wait for a response when you are worried about something. another thing, i don't think there is such a thing as tmi on this forum lol.
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
Pergnant Discharge
I am 28 weeks and I have the same problem liquid white discharge and it sucks..but mine seems heavy butI dont know whats normal..also I tend to itch sometimes also...
|

replied January 15th, 2010
watery discharge
i had the same problem. at 25 weeks i felt discharge run down my leg. i knew it wasnt urine, firstly because of how it felt and secondly because of the smell. i put on a pad and went to hospital after being advised by my midwife. i put on a pad so they could lok it over once there.
upon arrival i was out in a labour room which was scary im not going to lie... when the midwife isnt convinced ur not in labour and ur only 25 weeks its the most scary thing in the world. she looked at my pad and still wasnt convinced if it was just discharge or my waters.
the doctor checked me over. checked my cervix and everything was ok. they took and swab and everything was ok too.
it came to conclusion of a change of hormones. but it is always necessary to contact ur midwife. it cud be so many things, a sign of infection, a rupture on ur membranes (which isnt too serious should u get the help coz a serious of antibiotics can help this), it cud end up being wee (not exactly the sexiest thing to admit but once ur pregnant sexiness isnt easy to achieve Smile)

but the most important thing... if u contact ur midwife and its ur waters...they can stop the labour and make sure u go full term... or even slow down the labour and inject u with steriod so ur babys lungs have a burst of development.

better to be safe than sorry.
|