Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Post appendix surgery , severe pain in upper stomach

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
User Profile
2mnts after my surgery for my appendix i started to have so sever pain in my upper stomach all aroung but now on my ride side they said they dont know what is wrong with me and said that they have ran all the test and everything is normal. How could every thing be ok if im having pain. the pain comes and goes i most the time suffer from pain. it might go away for a week or two then come back 4 mnts. i have tried to go to other drs but it seams that know one wants to touch me because someone eles has done the surgery. please help im 27years old and i cant enjoy my life

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2007
Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass, and Colon Disorders Answ
Abdominal pain can be due to many conditions: gastritis, peptic ulcer, gallbladder stones, intestinal infection, ileus, kidney stones etc. All those diagnostic procedures you've been through have excluded possible organic reasons for the pain. After three abdominal surgeries, however, there is a possibility of experiencing peritoneal adhesions. Pain occurs when parts of the intestines stuck in those adhesions. They can be seen on a CT-scan and laparoscopy, if necessary. If there is no organic lesion present, the only possibility left is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). IBS is a functional disorder that can manifest with various digestive symptoms including abdominal pain. You can ask an expert opinion from an internist and seek further advice on diagnostics and diagnosis techniques.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.