Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Closed Cervix , Healthy Baby , Spotting For Weeks ?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I am 13 weeks pregnant as of today. I wanted to ask how a perfectly closed cervix, a healthy baby, all of that can allow so much spotting for such a long period of time (since the 8th week)? I thought the mucous plug was sealed? Any ideas? Thanks.

PS my doctor doesn't seem concerned about it, but of course - I am freaking out.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
spotting can be normal in the first trimester, and your drs right no reason to worry if your cervix is closed and the baby is healthy, there are no indicators of a misscariage at all, all you can do is relax, dont over do it. if you get cramping or bleeding heavily then go to the ER, by the 2nd trimester u should be better. my friend bled the first 4 mths and she had a healthy baby boy.
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
Thank You
I am bleeding more now and they still tell me the cervix is closed, baby is active and healthy. It's just distressing to have what looks like a period now. It's very weird. They don't even know why which doesn't help matters.

I really appreciate your reply! Thank you for your encouraging words!

Anne
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
my friend was exaclty like that, she didnt even know she was pregnant untl the 4th month she was having regular periods, if your cervix was opened then they would be concerned or if the baby was showing signs of distress but you have a healthy baby, just relax, dont do anything strenuous, dont lift anything over 10lbs or 5lbs to be safe. And as hard as it may be try not to stress out that can hurt the baby to be constantly stressed out. Some people experience a period during pregnany as odd and scary as it may be in some people its completely normal, just keep going to the drs appts as usual . if your bleeding heavily like soaking a pad every hr or something with severe cramping then u would have reason to worry other then that theres no worries Smile
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2007
Thanks. It has clots now (they form to stop bleeding, so we'll see). It's such a stressful time and I swear it feels like im alone, you know. I can talk about it all i want but no one is "me"
|

replied July 28th, 2009
I am having the same problem, for the last 3 weeks, and every now and then i get some clots, but then it just goes back to bleeding... I'm at 14 weeks, and it's scary, cause you don't know if you should be freaking out, or if you should be just ignoring it...
|

replied November 15th, 2009
Abdominal Pains and Blood Clots
I was having lower abdominal pains for 2 days. I am 13 weeks pregnant. I was unable to sleep due to the pain. It felt like achy feeling right before your period comes on. When I woke up on the second morning, the pain was gone. I went to the rest room to urinate and I saw a pinkish color when I wiped. That's when I made the decision to go to the ER (Sunday morning). I sat on the toilet one more time and a blood clot came out. I totally freaked out. I thought I had lost my baby. The ER checked me out, my cervix was closed and the baby's heartbeat was 162 BPM. They took me off of my feet for a while. I'm still having the crampy feeling, but they said I was ok. I will follow up with my OBGYN.
|

replied March 1st, 2010
closed cervix and vaginal bleeding
I just went to the doctors today for what i thought was just a really long period. (7weeks) I was told that my cervix was closed tightly and they dont know why I am bleeding. They did a pap after that he ordered a blood pregnancy test. So could I be pregnant and not have known about it? I am so scared at this point.
|

replied March 15th, 2010
Closed Cervix but no sac
i am same as you i went to the ER after i found out i was pregnant at home pregnancy test came up positve and then i went to restroom i sow some bleeding that look like my period and then i rushed to the ER and they told me that my cervix was closed and there is nothing to worry about but after they took me to ultrasound they said they don't see any sac of baby could it be too early to see?
|

replied May 21st, 2010
Ive been on the Minni Pill, and after thinking my Period was Overly long as im usualy 6-7 days tops! (today is day 15!) I found out 2 days ago Via a HCG blood test that im actually Preganant!!! My bleeding isn't heavy..like a light period. I have not really passed any clots, but is constant. Im due to have my second B-HCG tomorrow- with follow up on Monday morning to see if my numbers are going up. Ultra sound & internal ultrasound yesterday picked up no sign of Ectopic Or sac (too early maybe) But an Internal by my Dr showed that my Cervix is closed im holding onto that as a good sign!! It's the waiting & not knowing that is the hardest. Im thinking of all you other ladies that are going through this too- and hope we all have happy outcomes!
|

replied June 11th, 2010
check for UTI
i am 5 wks pregnant and have been cramping severely and bleeding and clotting.went a&e as i thought i was miscarrying.but scan was ok and cervix closed tightly.they told me i have a urinary tract infection. so am on antibiotics. keep smiles up ladies all will be well.
|