Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Sleep Paralysis And Scary Vibrations ! (Page 1)

Hello All,

This is my first post and I'm hoping you guys could shed some light on this experience....

I am familiar with SP and have experienced it quite a few times. However, last night I had quite a different experience which I am assuming is SP but who knows - maybe something bordering on an Out of Body Experience??

I realised in the middle of the night that I was awake and paralysed, I was lying flat on my back and my eyes were open, I could see the room quite clearly in the darkness - it looked normal - nothing strange. But then, I felt my whole body vibrating, it was like my skin was vibrating. There was a humming/buzzzing noise which started off quietly but gradually became louder and louder - and in turn the vibrations became more and more intense in sync with the noise.

I remember being able to think during this whole experience, I was scared and felt some kind of impending 'doom' or 'evil' as if this thing would end, but I didn't know how. I told myself wait and see what happens, but the noise and vibrations got stronger, I felt like there would be an outcome or final 'thing' at the end, but I couldn't take it anymore and I shook myself out of it.

Then I was lying in bed and my body was still tingiling, I was a little scared to go back to sleep but it was OK.

Anyone know what this might be or has anyone had a simlar experience? I keep wondering what would happen if I let it continue??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Alyak417
|

replied June 19th, 2007
i've been lurking this forum for a long time now, but somehow felt compelled to finally register and reply to this post.

well, it looks like your sleep paralysis is developing to include the elements of hypnagogic hallucinations. at least, that's how it was for me. for the first year or so of having SP, i would get only the sleep paralysis itself. today, few years later, my hypnagogic hallucinations are now severe to the point that they are now visual, auditory, and tactile. also, i can get up to three false awakenings in a single dream. this means that multiple times in the same night of sleep, i can DREAM that i'm having sleep paralysis and get all the same characteristics, shake myself out, and still be in the dream; then it can happen again later on. however, i still have not experienced any astral projections, OBE, bilocation/doppleganger, or anything else of that sort, though i have been expecting it lately to be able to happen at any time, since my condition hasn't further developed for a while.

as for the sense of impending doom, it is a prevalent characteristic of the hypnagogic hallucinations, and i have always shook myself out of them. i've tried to sit through them, but nothing really changes. the feeling of danger and the silhouette that i see just remain until i crack and finally decide to shake myself out.

there used to be a VERY good, and VERY informative page on it on wikipedia, but some idiot (imo) deleted it and made the term "hypnagogic hallucinations" redirect to the Hypnagogia page. repeatedly reading through that old wikipedia page and lurking this forum has helped me cope and relax, knowing that it was a real condition that many others experience. i guess you can probably find information about it with a google search. as for "letting" it continue, i don't have any idea how you can prevent it from occurring. it's something that's always happened to me, and has always been getting worse over time.

edit:
i don't mean to mislead or misinform you. and, depending on how new you are to reading up on sleep paralysis, my post looks potentially fear-striking, which i also did not mean to do. out-of-body experiences are probably not necessarily a "severe" form of the condition, and it might not be typical for conditions to gradually develop and worsen over time. it is, however, how it has happened in my case. anyway, i am mainly trying to say that from what i would deduce, you are not currently experiencing anything along the lines of an out-of-body experience, but hypnagogic hallucinations, while, at the same time, sharing my own experiences with the readers on this forum, because the more detailed posts from people that i read personally, the more comforting it is to me. also, i am not an expert on this subject; just a long-time sufferer.
|

replied June 19th, 2007
Re
Thank you, Wun for replying,

I thought maybe my question was too 'out-there' for most people.

I looked in other forums too and most people are suggesting that the vibrations are the beginning of an OBE, where the spirit separates from the physical body. After the vibrations begin you can/could astral project out of your body - scary stuff. Shocked

I have no idea why they would happen all of a sudden, its not even like my SP was all too frequent to begin with.

I guess the only different thing ive been doing is taking 1mg of Melatonin to help me sleep - it works a treat - it does give more vivid dreams but nothing bad. I hear you're not supposed to take it all the time, but im not sure what the threashold is? I don't take it every single night either.

I will look up Hypnogonic hallucinations too,

Thanks again, I hope your episodes get better.
|

replied April 21st, 2011
Vibrating in ur sleep happens when u are about to have and Out of body experience.
If you happen to be awake when your brain releases this chemical in to your body, you will feel the vibrations and start to hear sounds you may have never heard before. Sometimes during this you might even start seeing strange figures and shape.
No reason to be scared it can't hurt u, but it is also scary when u have no idea whats going on. Hope this helps
|

replied September 9th, 2011
Hi,

I am 19 years old and about a year ago I started having OBE'S. My mom also started having them when she was 17/18. Expect hers are way more deep and interesting than my stories. But I will start with mine. The very first time it ever happened it started out in a dream and in the dream I was concentrating on this picture someone (who I never see) handed to me. Meditating on this picture I would feel like my body start to vibrate from my toes and finger tips and spill through the rest of my body. I knew what was happening because my mom explained to sensation to me many times growing up. So I opened my "spirit" eyes and sensed a being in the room with me. I looked to the left corner of my room and yelled in my head "GET OUT" because it looked like a demon and it flew away out through the closed door. I yelled in my mind because when you try to talk using your mouth it comes out in whispers at first. Because talking with what you would consider your "spirit" mouth comes from a different place than vocal cords and I hadn't gotten used to it. So ever since then I have had bad experiences with OBE's. Unlike my mom who has heard an what she described to be an angel singing in her ear, she was to afraid to turn her head to look. And while reading these posts I saw that you explained it as a possible alien abduction that doesn't sound the least bit crazy to me. Infact, I think it is very small minded of us to believe that we are the only beings out there. Anyways, to continue my point, my mom had another experience when I was about 1 or 2 years old while my parents were going through a divorce. She had an OBE and was in a room with a whole bunch of aliens. She remembers yelling at the lead being and telling him that she won't forget this and he just looked at her with a look that said "you will remember but you will think it was just a dream". Because they were communicating telepathically (spelling?). My family has a lot of experience with ET situations and I would be glad to answer any other question that would make you potentially sound crazy to people who have not experienced this sensation.
|

replied January 15th, 2012
Hello, I too had my first OBE about the time I turned 18(Im still 18 though)-

I remember I was dreaming that I was at work, going toward the staff room when something weird happened in my dream. I fell down in my dream but I went in slow motion and as I went to stand up everything became a sort of dark colour, and I noticed I wasn't alone in my dream. There was a dark figure standing kinda infront of me but to the right, I didnt want to look at him for some reason I was scared to. Instead I looked up and it felt as if I could fly. Then I awoke and I was floating! There was this buzzing noise that got louder and I was rising toward the ceiling too. I tried to call for my sisters name but there was only like a whisper. I couldnt move at all either. I was going so far up that I thought I would go through the cieling. I was so scared I kinda felt like I would die, so I did something that brought myself back down, and the volume of the noise went down too. I didnt realize what happened and I started to go back up and the noise was so loud. So I tried to do what I did before and came back down. I dont know if I woke up, but I remember I sat up. At first I thought it was an alien abduction because I didnt know what else it would've been. Although throughout that I did not feel a presence in the room with me.

Throughout the months it happened to me again, the second it was only like SP plus the buzzing noise and vibrations. Then the 3rd was the morning after that. I woke up and there was the noise and vibrations again, but this time I felt someone in the room beside me, but i couldnt look up because I couldnt move. I just looked infront of me(I was kinda on my side) I knew what was happening and I tried to wake up. I remember opening and closing my eyes, but I couldnt keep them open like I was being forced to sleep. As I was opening and closing them, on the wall I seen the kindoflike a calander but it was just a picture of a bird on it, and the paper was blowing in the wind. It felt so peacefull Then all of a sudden the bird was moving on the picture. I got scared again, then I heard footsteps outside my open door, like they were walking back and forth, but I couldnt see anyone. I then shook out of it, but when I woke I couldnt hear the footsteps and no one was there. the bird was gone and no wind.

But something weird happened to me quite recently again, which made me search it again thats how I found this forum. Anyways I dreamnt that I was off to school but it was early, because it was still dark out. I was walking down the back lane and noticed a figure a ways infront of me, it was trying to talk to me. I thought it was like a drunk, so I avoided it by turning into a back yard(pretending I lived there) I walked up the cement pathway and turned the corner around the house, as I walked I felt or thought I was drunk? and there was a women infront of me, she was shocked and wanted to help me, like asking me where do I live so she can take me home. Then I fellback and just then she grabbed my wrist and I fell in slow motion. I didnt hit the ground and i was floating. she then turned into sometihng else idk what tho a being. idk. it was smiling at me and laughing. it was as if it control me (at this point i had sp, cause i couldnt move) and it swirled me around in the air. all of a sudden i was and was just floating when i remember two other people come they were both standing beside me. but i could only see like from their chins down, they were wearing modern clothes like jeans. the one closestto me was telling me to do something about breathing(cant really remember) but i started breathing heavily and was rising i got scared and stopped breathing heavily. i think i was like no. that i didnt want to go up. then they started talking to each other and the one closest to me was trying to calm me. then all of a sudden I was in my bathroom, like it didnt happen, and i thought i still had to go to school, but i noticed the sun was shining through the curtains. and outside the bathroom was my best friend and my sister, they were both smiling at me. my best friend was telling me we need to go, and i was like where?? she told me to hurry. I was like where do we need to go? she was still smiling and said we need to do that thing(like float) and go. I said i cant. then she said something like hurry we need to go, and you need to die so we can see god. then I said No I need to go to school! and i left and awoke.

I told my sister and she said that it wasnt normal and it was like a sign. I dont know but im kinda freaked out about it. and i had a dream again last night about floating... what do you think of this? Do you think it has something to do with aliens or just a dream? I know it sounds crazy... (btw sorry about making you read so much, thought I'd tell you the whole story.)
|

replied June 19th, 2007
Re: Re
alison_jane wrote:
Thanks again, I hope your episodes get better.

sure, and thank you.

i hope you find the topic, as you have mispelled "hypnagogic". you may also like to look up narcolepsy for extra reading, as sleep paralysis and accompanying hypnagogic hallucinations are two of its four big symptoms, though it doesn't mean that you are narcoleptic.
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Your'e kidding, right? this is real? I thought I was the only person this had ever happened to. This is so strange. I had this really bad when i took Unisom for sleep for a short while. i thought for sure that I was in two places at once. I thought I could see myself in the lower level of my house from where I was sleeping. It was so incredibly real, but I thought it was just the medication. I have astrally projected before, and it happens after what I thought were just some really weird "bed spins". Then I could feelthe sensation slowly leaving my hands and feet, then my arms and legs, until it balled up in my chest and then i would be out of my body. i really thought i just imagined this, but you are telling me that this is a real and true phenomena? I chalked it up to the sleeping medication, but it has happened a little bit since then, just not as frighteningly.
|

replied June 19th, 2007
sillyakchick wrote:
this is a real and true phenomena?

People do report experiences like yours. Unfortunately, I have not had similar experiences to yours, so therefore, I don't have much information and am unable to offer you real help, though your post greatly intrigues me.

alison_jane:

I have tried a google search myself on "hypnagogic hallucinations", but a lot of the results are rubbish. There is one page that I have read in entirety a few times, which has four subsections (three of them informative) for the hypnagogic hallucinations.

I think that you will able to relate to the "The Intruder" subsection and, if your sleep paralysis worsens, I'm sure you can eventually relate to almost all of the site's content like I can.

I thought I'd specifically link it here, as it is actually the least appealing (from my eyes) of all the results on the first google search page of "hypnagogic hallucinations", but I would figure that it has some information you'd be interested in and that you might have had the same instinct as me to skip that result and look at the others. It is more of a data collection and scientific research results page, but I appreciate it being shown online as it is not a biased, compressed summary of the condition, but a gathering of survey results and observations. Anyway, I'm not sure if you have already come across this page, but in case you haven't, it has helped me somewhat relax my mind over SP.

[link removed]

As for the sleeping medication... My SP becomes pretty bad whenever I mess with my sleeping schedule, and the episodes seem to get pretty severe if they happen to occur when I am very tired or try to use sleeping aids like Nyquil. I'm pretty sure that they do not cause episodes for me, but they often warp and augment them.

Going off of sillyakchick's post, maybe you can actually bridge those felt vibrations into an OBE-type experience. It is not, however, within my area of knowledge or wisdom.
|

replied June 19th, 2007
hello everyone... i also have sp i have had it for about 2 years and i am sixteen years old now... usually everytime it would happen to me i would not be able to move at all and i would start breathing real hard tryin to snap out of it then falsely waking up and going back into it repeated times... but yesterday it was different... i couldnt move but it was like i opened my eyes and i saw this grey tubular-shaped object that was spinning around and it felt as if i was gonna fall into it... then i falsely woke up then did it again and this time i thought i tought i was talking to someone but when i snapped out of it nobody was home.... i dont use drugs or anthing like that.... and i have a sleep study scheduled for july 13... but i was wondering what happened yesterday... y was it different and what was it?
|

replied June 19th, 2007
Seems to me like the mind is a powerful thing Wink

Thanks Wun for that link - ill have to read more later - its definately a good resource, thank you.

You may want to check out some forum on this subject - there people there that know alot more about OBEs, astral projection and SP that I do - its really a personal development site where people discuss alot of different things - check out the Paranormal and Psychic section for more about the subject.

i have had SP on a number of occasions, but my experience outlined in the first post was unbelivable - to me - I know it was not a dream - because normally during an episode of SP im panicking and trying to wake up as quickly as possible. The 'vibrating ' experience was new and totally different, I could think quite clearly and I wasn't trying to struggle - I just thought - lets see what happens.

Don't laugh Embarassed but I thought towards the end that maybe it was an alien abduction! As I have heard that to transition into another dimension you need to be vibrating at another level, no I am not crazy, but who knows what it was. Im not sure if I want to have a repeat experience and try and make it a good one - it just seems so scary. At least i didn't see any beings or feel any presence in the room - well, except for what the hell is making that buzzing sound so loud Laughing
|

replied March 11th, 2009
finally!
i´ve been having these episodes..first it was the sleep paralysis with a bright white fog that blinded me. then a few months later the vibrating and tingling of my entire body with the buzzing sounds in my ears began, which felt like electricity ran through my body making me stiff and couldn´t move. and recently i´ve been having these nearly out of body experiences last night i had a prety scary one. i didn´t entirely separate from my body but i heard these really scary noises i can´t describe. the scary part of my astral projections is that i´m terrified the whole time and struggle really hard to wake up.

i hope some of you can relate to my experience, like i did with yours

M.
|

replied March 12th, 2009
what heck is goin on!
The first time this happened to me was when I was pregnant with my 3rd child. I heard what I thought was my husband coming home (our bedroom was upstairs), I heard the door shut and him run up the stairs, i laid in bed w my eyes closed waiting for him to get back in bed, i figured he got rained out at work. Well he didnt get back in bed and when i lifted my head to look for him there was a man standing in front of me in a running suit, he had his hood on and no face, it was shadowed out, i was sooo scared and couldnt move! then he leaned down to me with his hand reaching out to my belly--i closed my eyes really tight as i was so scared and felt sumthings weird as if something went inside my stomache.(this happened 8 years ago) throughout the pregnancy there would be times when my body would vibrate and I was unable to move, the day I gave birth to my son it happened again in the hospital only this time felt like something left my stomache. It never happened again until recently. It happened again last night I was laying down with my baby and started vibrating, I am not so sure if it is my body, last night it felt as though it could be a vibrating force pressed against me. Nonetheless it scares the hell out of me and when it occurs I cannont speak or move at all, only open my eyes or think. I started praying to make it stop and go away and it did. What is going on here!?
|

It is very weird that you mentioned this. I have chills! Okay so when my mom was in the hospital with me she was awake and saw this dark being in the room with us. And I was in her arms. Out of nowhere I arched my back and bellowed out a scream and the thing went away. She pressed the call button and the doctors said she was hallucinating from the meds. But a newborn baby arching its back like that? Come on. Another thing that really creeps me out is as a child I lived with one of my aunts for a year or so and in the morning I would sit in the house and wait to walk to my bus stop. There were a few time where I would sit and just be looking out the window and see a man in a jogging suit. But every time I saw him it would only be from the waist down because it would startle me and disappear before my mind fully processed everything. I would call him my ghost or guardian angel as a kid. Because I would see him in more than one spot. Like he followed me. So maybe you misinterpreted what he was doing maybe he was helping you. It seems to me no matter what I experience good or bad it is the fear of the unknown that makes me freak out and pray it goes away, rather than relating the Being im seeing to evil because of the fear. If that makes sense. Last night I had a vivid dream about saints and I still woke up in a cold sweat. And we all know "saints" are considered to symobolize good rather than evil like demons.
|

replied March 12th, 2009
I'm not alone, yay! I have been suffering from SP since the age of prolly 11...I'm 24 now. I never knew the official term until recently. When I first started having SP, it would only occur at night, but nowadays my SP occurs even when I am napping during the day. I get the typical not being able to move or speak. I try to yell out for someone to help me but nothing ever comes out of my mouth. I try to bang on the wall next to my bed, but it is as if the banging is silent, or maybe I am not even banging on the wall. Sometimes it feels as if hands are on me and that someone is breathing very hard on my neck. My SP feels very evil.

Can a person die from SP?
|

I also bang on the wall as hard as I can when Im experiencing this sensation. Talking comes to you after a while. You just have to let the voice come out from where it wants to come out, and that necessarily isnt from your vocal cords. One time I yelled for my grandma to help she came to me handed my lettuce? and I woke up. And she wasnt there. And this was after physically hearing and feeling the vibration of my voice and physically feeling my "fist" bang against the cold wall.
|

replied March 12th, 2009
This happens to me!
I was looking through this site at something very different and I started reading these post because this has happened to me several times. They usually happen to me during times of stress or even before I enter into a stressful time. I know they are about to come on when I'm asleep and my ear starts to buzz then I start to feel dizzy and all of a sudden I can't move! The only thing I can do is pray and believe me I pray hard. I've never seen anything or anyone, but it feels very evil. Everytime this happens to me I wonder if I'm about to die. I'm so glad I found this so that I know it happens to other people. I've never mentioned this to anyone.
|

replied March 12th, 2009
this morning
it happened again this morning. i had my breakfast and then i went to bed again for a few minutes cuz i was tired and didn{t have to go to clases. (im 25 by the way, i dont know if this has anything to do with age)
anyway i was lying on my back and i felt like i was about to drift off to sleep...the buzzing started then my whole body started buzzing i was concious about what was about to happen so i tried to relax to see what would happen, then the buzzing stopped and it felt really peaceful i felt like i was floating and i felt soooo relaxed it felt nice, then i started to panic (cuz i still get scared when these things happen to me)and lifted up my hand and saw it was seethrough with funny colours then i freaked out and struggled to wake up, or get inside my body again. i felt like peter pan trying to glue his shadow back on, cuz i couldnt get back in. then i felt a tingling all over my body and slowly could start moving again, but i felt weird like i was lighter and clumsy.
im thankful that i never see anybody there or any shadows, i do hear stuff sometimes but i guess its not as frigthening. i dont get SP as much anymore i dont know why...but the vibrating-tingling and the buzzing sounds get more and more recurrent.
|

One night last week I believe I was overly tired and every time I started to fall asleep I could feel myself going into this sensation. So I kept waking myself up because scary things happen to me when it happens. So finally I was too tired to wake up and this time I left my eyes closed because I sensed something in my room and my "spirit" arms were reaching for whatever it was and my physical mind did not want this to happen so then I told myself to think of my boyfriend and I kept saying his name in my head. And I stopped reaching for this thing and when I would breathe in and out it was like my breath was classical music and it relaxed me and woke me up. Very strange. Maybe I should think of my boyfriend more often when this happens to me. The weirdest part is when you physically wake up and you can still feel the vibrations subsiding. And when I freak out and try to wake up and pull my "spiritual" body back in to my phsyical body I do feel like Peter Pan also that is the perfect way to explain it. But you should try not to freak out and let your body float one time I floated over to my moms room to show her that I was about to do it. Because when she was my age she had experiences like this too.
|

replied April 3rd, 2009
Sleep Paralysis And Scary Vibrations
Hi, I'm Steve, 43 years old. I've never suffered from sleep paralysis, but have the vibrations (from all over my body), since I was about six years old.

I used to wake up at about 23:00hrs most nights screaming and crying and my parents had one hell of a time trying to comfort me.

In my dream my whole body would start vibrating, at a rate of about 3 times a second, and then slowly, the rate of vibrations would increase. Then they would die away and the whole thing would start again. Each cycle would last about 60 seconds or so. After about 10 or 12 cycles of the vibrations, the weird stuff would start happening. I'd have a funny feeling in my hands, then they felt as though they were growing, I could hold the whole universe in my hand, I could feel it.

As the years went on I learned not to fear the feeling, I now consider it as my friend, and I enjoy playing ball with the universe, tossing it from one hand to the other.

About twenty five years ago I learned how to enter the state at will, at any time, awake or asleep.

Nowadays, I can feel the whole universe within me, in my chest. It gives me a great feeling of power.

I've never heard of anybody experiencing the state, but trust me, don't fear it, enjoy it. Learn to use it, but don't fear it.
|

Im almost to the point where I can provoke the sensation to happen to me but I still haven't mastered it because of the fear. There has been one time where I almost went into the sensation while I was awake but I made it go away. I never told anyone because I thought I was just imagining the sensation, but now I do not feel crazy now that you mention this.
|

replied April 8th, 2009
How to control/deny it
Wow, pretty amazing experiences here, a lot of them are very similar to the ones I used to experience in my late teens/early 20s. I don't know about you, but the medical community can try to label it whatever they want, when in reality, I dont believe they have a clue as to the nature of these experiences.

Quickly, my experiences would begin with a whooshing sound, not so much vibrational. The whooshing sound (cyclic, as if something was rotating) would go from once every 2 seconds, to so fast it was almost a constant pitch. I would then proceed to "roll" out of my body, as if I was rolling down a hill in slow motion. I would be surrounded by complete darkness, and wouldnt see anything else. I would usually panic in these situations and try to snap myself out of it.

I have a simple suggestion that has worked for me for several years now. I found that if I do not sleep on my back, it doesnt not happen to me whatsoever. Infact, I almost exlusively sleep on my sides now so I dont have to unexpectantly experience it.

If I do want to go into this state again, I try falling asleep on my back, head tilted slightly back. I usually get some type of experience about 20% of the time this way.

Hope this helps someone. I'll be checking this in a little if anyone has any further questions.
|

replied January 30th, 2012
this is exactly my assumption ive learnt through my own experiences that every time this has happened to me i was sleeping on my back and that sleeping on my side helped to prevent this experience.
the first time this happened to me i heard this kind of siren sound and i remember feeling like they were flying pyramids above and feeling slightly paralysed and i was shouting/screaming at my girlfriend next to me to help eventually i woke up and i was like why didnt you help me, she replied that i wasnt even awake at the time.
once i remember it happened and i thought you know what i am just gonna see what will happen and i was ripped out my body and there was a crazy looking african guy like he was obviously disturbed and i said to him what do you want and he said go on get me a chocolate bar! i mean how ludicrous i just gave him a look as if to say f*ck off and i went back into my body and went to sleep.
i believe that sometimes they are ufo's, sometimes the souls of people sleeping running around just causing mischief as they enjoy the control and fear and maybe other times they are self induced as you are learning to OBE.
i also believe that for them to rip you out of your body there must be something for them to latch on to like a part of your darkness or problems on your mind.
they must do this because the fear confusion etc must be 'food' too them they enjoy it. the funny thing is you got to remember this there more scared of you than you are of them stand up, stay calm or just blow them love.
|

replied January 30th, 2012
this is exactly my assumption ive learnt through my own experiences that every time this has happened to me i was sleeping on my back and that sleeping on my side helped to prevent this experience.
the first time this happened to me i heard this kind of siren sound and i remember feeling like they were flying pyramids above and feeling slightly paralysed and i was shouting/screaming at my girlfriend next to me to help eventually i woke up and i was like why didnt you help me, she replied that i wasnt even awake at the time.
once i remember it happened and i thought you know what i am just gonna see what will happen and i was ripped out my body and there was a crazy looking african guy like he was obviously disturbed and i said to him what do you want and he said go on get me a chocolate bar! i mean how ludicrous i just gave him a look as if to say f*ck off and i went back into my body and went to sleep.
i believe that sometimes they are ufo's, sometimes the souls of people sleeping running around just causing mischief as they enjoy the control and fear and maybe other times they are self induced as you are learning to OBE.
i also believe that for them to rip you out of your body there must be something for them to latch on to like a part of your darkness or problems on your mind.
|

replied April 17th, 2009
Vibrating Body.
I find it very interesting to read about the experiences people are having with these strange body vibrations. I am 43 years old, male, and consider myself to be in excellent physical condition.
For the first time ever, I decided to search for any information on vibrations of the body just after waking from a dream.
I am searching, because last night, for the first time ever in my life, I woke up from a dream I was having, and immediately my body began to vibrate. Slowly at first, and then with increasing intensity. Then the vibrating started moving up and down my body, sort of wave like. This weird new sensation increased to the point that I thought for sure my girlfriend was going to wake up and ask me what the hell I was doing. I did not panic, and I was not scared. It seemed to me that I could move if I had wanted to, but I remained still. I wanted to see where this was headed. But, just as quickly as it began, It tapered off and ended. I felt like I had just received some kind of energy adjustment from the universe. I wondered if this had anything to do with the humanrace evolving into something other than what we are now. Ya never know.
Anyway just thought I'd share.
|

replied September 29th, 2012
sleep paralysis body vibrations
I have been experiencing this for about 2 years now. I have had a ton of tests , ct scans, etc. Everything normal and healthy. It used to really scare me and sometimes still can but for the most part I just live with it. I have a 3 level fusion in my neck and thought that might have something to do with it but now I don't know. It is comforting on some level to hear I am not alone in this daily experience.
|

replied May 25th, 2009
Vibrations
I have only experienced vibrations once. For me, the vibration was extremely intense and traveled slowly back and forth from my feet to my head. I was also in a bout of SP and any time I tried to snap myself out of it by moving, the vibrations got more intense. It got to the point that I heard and felt my jaw vibrating and also heard this EXTREMELY loud buzzing. I know it sounds ridiculous but I could taste metal in my mouth. It was like I was being electrified, but it wasn't painful. Overall, I'd say it was one of the creepiest experiences of my life.
|

replied August 19th, 2009
I'm so glad to know that I am not the only person experiencing this. My first experience was the scariest. I was asleep, or so I thought I was, until I felt my body starting to drift off. It started with a buzzing sound and then I was hearing voices, but i couldn't understand what they were saying. I swear I felt my body being dragged across my bed. My head felt like it was spinning all the way around but I couldn't turn or move my head back. I wanted to scream so that my mom can hear me (she was right next to me btw) but i couldn't move. I finally jumped up and couldn't go back to sleep. Everytime I closed my eyes, the paralysis would continue about 2 or 3 more times. It still happens to me, and I still panic when they occur. My most recent SP was last week. I still get scared, but I know it will eventually stop and my body will wake up.
|

replied September 22nd, 2009
Vibrations Before Our Dad Comes
Hi, I'm with my 12 year old sister right now and she just had her first "vibration" dream. I've had many of these since I was 11 and now I am currently 14 years old. I thought I was the only one who had these dreams, but once she told me she felt the same for the first time we decided to see if anyone has these dreams, too. We both usually have these dreams when our rooms are pitch black and a weird thing we have noticed was that every time before our dad picks us up we have these scary dreams. (tomorrow, he's supposed to pick us up) We feel this evil presence in our room (we share a room). We lay down and once we fall asleep we're paralyzed and can't get up from our spots until the dream is over. The vibrations are so intense and we try to call our moms name, but nothing comes out of our mouth. One time I was having these dreams, and I remember trying so hard to call for my mom and when I woke up she told me she heard a weird little girl talking coming from my room. Does anyone know what could cause this? Or what it means? Our mom is pregnant and we hope the baby is okay. She's past her due date (by 5 days)
|

replied September 30th, 2009
Well, I'm having these vibrations, but it's usually during a nightmare, but I only feel my head vibrating it starts really slow and the the vibration feels stronger I also feel as if my bed is spinning it also starts slow and speeds up, Hear strange loud noises and in my nightmare I see myself spinning and want to wake up but can't. So I start praying a prayer I use to pray since I was young and as I pray louder, the sound, vibration and spinning increases. I also felt a strage voice saying my name in my ear once I was falling asleep, that really creeped me out, please can someone help me and explain if these are only nightmares. What scares me the most are the vibrations and spinning all the time i'm having a nightmare, very scary.
|