Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Seasonale Birth Control Pill (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Has anyone been on this birth control pill? This is my first time on this pill. I feel like i've getting my period forever. I started the pill pack back in december 2003. I am currently on the white pills(started the white pills on leap day 2004.)
please answer.
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Nikki_1313
|

replied June 23rd, 2004
Seasonale
Hello! Are you still taking seasonale?? How is it working for you?? I've been on them for 4 weeks now. I'm getting ready to start week 5.

Have you had any breakthrough bleeding?? Or any other side effects? So far everthing is great but I guess its just wait and see since this is a new pill.

Bridget : :d
|

replied June 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I recently saw the commercial for that pill and it says you are only going to have a period 4 times a year. They never said how long each of those were!! Anyway I like my depo, haven't had a period since I have been on it!! If you can handle hormones maybe that is something you should look into. Then again if you bleed like that on the pill..... Anyway it might be because it is too many hormones for some people and I have hypothyroidism so maybe my hormones are lower and can handle a little extra in my system.
|

replied July 12th, 2004
Hey this is a really random question but I am very self conscious about my chest. I noticed on the otrthotricylcen my boobs grew a bit and I am considering the seasonale but I dont want to shrink. Has any one on the seasonale gone up in cup size at all. Please let me know, I know I am being superficial but what can I say, I am self conscious. Oh yeah and if any one has experienced this with the patch, orthonovum or ortho-cyclen I am also considering switching to those so let me know how those affect breast size. Thanx a lot.
|

replied December 16th, 2011
seasonale and cup size
NO change in cup size since I've started taking it 6 months ago Sad. It was one of the perks of Yaz. I take BC for my acne and am seriously thinking about going back to Yaz, it worked better in that area as well
|

replied July 25th, 2012
I went off of Tricyclen and onto Seasonale and my boobs grew.

I also have a better libido on seasonale.

Im only on my 4th week so things may change.
|

replied July 23rd, 2004
I have been on seasonale for 3 months & really like it. I have read through some of the posts and I think that I can address some of the questions out there.

Pms time-span:
on my old pill (ortho-novum 1/35) I started my pms 10-12 days like clock-work before my period. So, I don't think it's abnormal. I was on that pill for 8 years. I haven't had my first period yet with seasonale but it'll be here in 2-3 weeks. We'll see what happens then.

Break-thru bleeding:
I had only one break through bleeding event in the first month when I would normally have had my period & it only lasted 1 day. I was warned quite extensively that it was common to get & that it happened a lot with some women...But no problems here.

Chest size : I have noticed no difference at all & I didn't really expect to.
|

replied July 24th, 2004
Problems With Seasonale
Hi everyone, I have been taking seasonale for a month and a half now, felt fine until I was suppose to get my period, I got really bad pms and cramps. Then I stated spotting and it went to light bleed then this been going on for 3 weeks I still get little cramps but not as bad as when it first happen. I ask a doctor about this she said it going to last for about 6 months. I not sure if I should give up on the pills or go see another doctor about this, it said it the pamphlet this should not last for more then 7 days. I am really disoriented cause I hate having my period, and there is no other way to stop, no doctor would give me hysterectomy, and that how much hate having my period. Any advice
|

replied July 26th, 2004
Seasonale
Hello, I have been on seasonale for 3 months. I have had no break through bleeding whats so ever. I really like this pill. The only negative thing I have to say is that i'm more moody. My husband noticed this also. My twin sister is also on seasonale she's had a couple of break through bleeding episodes. She started taking seasonale a week after I did. The break through might be because she forgot to take a couple of pills.
|

replied July 26th, 2004
Pms
I wrote a few days ago and now the pms has kicked in...I've since read two recent postings after mine & thought i'd post again. My boyfriend also noticed that I was un-naturally moody within the first or second month when I would have normally gotten my period. Also, my pms symptoms have started an extra 2-3 days before they would have on the old pill. I could have counted like clockwork 10-12 days before my period on my old pill my pms symptoms. With seasonale I have started to get my pms symptoms a good 14-16 days in advance, maybe this is because with seasonale I haven't had a period in twice as long...But it kinda sucks. All of my pms symptoms seemed to be a bit more heightened. Anyway, I was a very light bleeder on my old pill so we'll see how I do in 14 days (i'm counting down) when I get the actual period.
|

replied July 26th, 2004
Seasonale!
I'm glad i'm not the only one that is having weird moods. I'm starting to feel like a whole different person. I'm usually a really happy easy to get along with person. I have a hyper 7 year old boy and I noticed that I get upset with him alot lately. I used to just say he's only being a normal 7 year old but now its like the littlest thing sets me off and I yell at him.
Maybe when I start my new pack my body will be used to them and the moodiness will go away.

Besides the moodiness, I just love these pills. No period, how great!!!! I still have 3 weeks before I start my period. Hopefully it will not be real bad since I haven't had a period in a few months. I'm a little worried that it will be super heavy. I guess its wait and see. If anyone has had a period after taking seasonale let me know how bad it was.
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
Re: Seasonale Birth Control Pill
jesshelt32 wrote:
has anyone been on this birth control pill? This is my first time on this pill. I feel like i've getting my period forever. I started the pill pack back in december 2003. I am currently on the white pills(started the white pills on leap day 2004.)
please answer.
Thanks

:d yes I am currently takeing it. I just started 2nd 3 mo cycle. I didnt even get period. I got one day of a little bleeding.
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
Re: Seasonale
bridget28ack wrote:
hello! Are you still taking seasonale?? How is it working for you?? I've been on them for 4 weeks now. I'm getting ready to start week 5.

Have you had any breakthrough bleeding?? Or any other side effects? So far everthing is great but I guess its just wait and see since this is a new pill.

hi I just started 2nd 3 mo cycle. The first was uneventful mostly. I had one 2 days of break thru bleeding at end of 1st mo and beg. Of 2nd. I think b.C I missed a day and took it late. I did experience a bad headache that lasted a day and half at the end of cycle.
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
bridget28ack wrote:
hello, I have been on seasonale for 3 months. I have had no break through bleeding whats so ever. I really like this pill. The only negative thing I have to say is that i'm more moody. My husband noticed this also. My twin sister is also on seasonale she's had a couple of break through bleeding episodes. She started taking seasonale a week after I did. The break through might be because she forgot to take a couple of pills.

i was a little moody in the beginning too but it went away.I had separate days of breakthrough bleeding. Cause I forgot to take pill in morining and took it at nite. I had bad headache for day and 1.2 at end of 3rd month too , im not sure if it was the seasonale that caused it.
Other then that I love this pill. But it was expensive when I went to pickit up!!
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
robbo wrote:
bridget28ack wrote:
hello! Are you still taking seasonale?? How is it working for you?? I've been on them for 4 weeks now. I'm getting ready to start week 5.

hi I just started 2nd 3 mo cycle. The first was uneventful mostly. I had one 2 days of break thru bleeding at end of 1st mo and beg. Of 2nd. I think b.C I missed a day and took it late. I did experience a bad headache that lasted a day and half at the end of cycle.

how was your period once you got it. Was it extremely heavy??
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
How was your period once you got it. Was it extremely heavy??[/quote]

no it wasnt heavy atall I had a little bleeding one day only that whole week off.
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
robbo wrote:

no it wasnt heavy atall I had a little bleeding one day only that whole week off.[/quote]

how great!!! I guess i'll find out in 2 weeks.
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
bridget28ack wrote:
robbo wrote:

no it wasnt heavy atall I had a little bleeding one day only that whole week off.

how great!!! I guess i'll find out in 2 weeks.[/quote]

good luck did you refill yet?? It was expensive sorta.. I guess there is no generic either. Can you email me..? I have a question about posting here. I cant seem to post to a subject w/o quoting and I dotn see quotes in everyone elses posts.....
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
robbo wrote:
bridget28ack wrote:
robbo wrote:

how great!!! I guess i'll find out in 2 weeks.

good luck did you refill yet?? It was expensive sorta.. I guess there is no generic either. Can you email me..? I have a question about posting here. I cant seem to post to a subject w/o quoting and I dotn see quotes in everyone elses posts.....[/quote]

no, I haven't refilled yet. I called my pharmacy and she said that it will be $45. I'm not sure about the quoting thing. I know if you read someones post you can hit quote on there post. Or you can hit reply at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps.... Thanks :d
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
No, I haven't refilled yet. I called my pharmacy and she said that it will be $45. I'm not sure about the quoting thing. I know if you read someones post you can hit quote on there post. Or you can hit reply at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps.... Thanks :d[/quote]

oh you must be goin thru rx plan....? I have one but it has deductible, but I get my rx;s at plan cost which is cheaper then self pay. And it was still $102!!!!!
Thanks robin
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
robbo wrote:
no, I haven't refilled yet. I called my pharmacy and she said that it will be $45. I'm not sure about the quoting thing. I know if you read someones post you can hit quote on there post. Or you can hit reply at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps.... Thanks :d

oh you must be goin thru rx plan....? I have one but it has deductible, but I get my rx;s at plan cost which is cheaper then self pay. And it was still $102!!!!!

Thanks robin[/quote]

robin,
wow Shocked $102 seems so high. I have cigna insurance and they pay alot of it. I already paid my yearly deductible of $50 for all perscriptions for a year. I'm so glad insurance covers it. I know I have heard of people say that there insurance won't pay for seasonale.
|

replied August 2nd, 2004
Robin,
wow Shocked $102 seems so high. I have cigna insurance and they pay alot of it. I already paid my yearly deductible of $50 for all perscriptions for a year. I'm so glad insurance covers it. I know I have heard of people say that there insurance won't pay for seasonale.[/quote]

well it worsk out to $34 a month. My old one was $25-27 a mo. So its a little more. Thankly for rx plan im probally getting a little cheaper. I guess theres no generic. My first pack was a sample too thank god! I told my b.F every other day he has to give me a dollar and I ll put in dollar everyother day so at end of 3 months I dont have to lay out the money I will already have it!
|

replied June 20th, 2011
My Dr. put me on the generic version, it's called Quasense. Ask about it, I'm sure its cheaper. I think that seasonique has no generic but seasonale is what I asked for in the generic version.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov