Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Sharp Upper Abdominal Pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Starting a few days ago I noticed a slight pain in my abdomen about half way between my belly button and my chest. Since then the pain has gotten increasingly worse.

It's an extremely sharp pain in the area described above, and it's close enough to the surface that it could probably be mistaken for a severe muscle cramp, but it's not.

If I sit up, it feels alright. Laying on my back or stomach feels like someone has stabbed me, and laying on my side still hurts significantly, but is the only position I can fall asleep in.

Last night the pain peaked, but when I woke up today it had died down a bit. Now my entire abdomen feels bloated though. I have had no indigestion, and feel perfectly fine other wise. Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|