Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Pubic Bone Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
What's up all.. I came through again and happy to be back. I received a lot of support from this website with my first pregnancy. (thanks!) Now I am back with my second, how exciting!!! Another journey to undertake. Just have a few questions for 10 wk mommies... I don't know if it's me only but when I was preggers the first time the last few months mths 6-8 were bad. I had horrible pressure/pain in my pubic bone.. almost as if the baby was to pop out.. I was induced at 8 mths.. With this pregnancy I am only 10 wks now but feeling the same pain, and I am walking funny due to this problem... Anyone going thru the same thing??? or any advice would be appreciated ?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper zozo100
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi,
I am 8 weeks and have that pain off and on for the last 2 weeks. It's so odd and I have no idea what it is.
|

replied June 18th, 2007
So I had a Dr.'s appt and asked him the same question. His answer was since I have a little human/plancenta growing inside me and all my organs are repositioning when I sit for a long period and stand up I am going to feel all the weight drop down due to everything going on inside. I guess it makes sense, but there's nothing I can do. He just mentioned to not gain more than the recommended weight and try walking/excercising. Razz
|

replied February 19th, 2009
Pubic bone pain
hey guys , i am 5 days late for period, i have period pains and a pain pressure on top of my pubic bone , could that be a sign of pregnancy ?

please advise
|

replied June 7th, 2012
pubic pressure and period cramps without the period
I experienced the same pain when i was a week late on my period.I went to the doctor and I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant.
|

replied June 7th, 2012
I had the same pain when i had missed a period went to the doctor and found out I was 5 weeks pregnant.

Its possible your pregnant.
|

replied October 3rd, 2010
i am 12 weeks pregnant and have pubic pain when i stand up, walk, basically anything to do with moving my legs its pretty painful and dont know whats going on does anyone have any ideas of what it may be? oh and its not like cramping or anything its just a weird pain. its really worrying me.
|

replied October 15th, 2010
downatairs pain
hi lold2009

im on my second pregancy and im having the pain in the pubic bone, and dont mean to be graphic but its like somone has kicked you down there, in my last preganancy i was diognosed with SPD (SYMPHYSIS PUBIS DYSFUNCTION)
i recoomend you go to the docs and tell them they will offer you physio therapy and i would get yourself some crutches for when you get bigger because it will get worse.
Hope this helps, and dont forget to get urself diagnosed. all the best with the rest of your pregnancy Smile
|

replied December 14th, 2011
PUBIC BONE PAIN
I have the same pain.I'm only 12 weeks but its sooooo bad I can't even walk through Wal-mart. Also my lower back is starting to hurt really bad. I am 5'2 and around 142LBS. I know thats kinda heavy my doctor already told me. Prior to this pregnancy I was a size 2 and weighed 109 LBS and this is my second pregnancy. y first was a breeze unti the 9th month. But this kid is killing me early on. I am too heavy and in so much pain and my doc said theres not much I can do.
|

replied January 31st, 2012
hi i am 30 weeks pregnant and i have some pain in my pubi bone area whenever i lift something heavy,standing up and walking too long.it worries me sick.i worry about when i gave birth.i know this sounds insane but im really worried.this pain started when i was 8 weeks pregnant.hoping someone can help me.
|

replied January 31st, 2012
hi i am 30 weeks pregnant and i have some pain in my pubi bone area whenever i lift something heavy,standing up and walking too long.it worries me sick.i worry about when i gave birth.i know this sounds insane but im really worried.this pain started when i was 8 weeks pregnant.hoping someone can help me.
|

replied May 8th, 2012
Pubic pain very acute
Hello all I am 11 weeks. I have the same pain it just started today. It hurts so bad. It started with the leg joints between my thigh and pelvic first now this. I don't know what it can be. I was really worried until I read all the other preggers are experiencing it as well. But I'm going to get checked tomorrow and I will update you all. Good luck
|