Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Constipation

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Ok, first I would like to add that im a 22 year old male... always been active and have an active job-construction type...
Constipation has been going on in my life now for about 1 1/2 years. All of the sudden I had this problem. It started after one week when I was working nights and I was a little sick with a little diarrhea. After that, problems occurred. Know matter what I do that same symptoms occurred. They are:
Not having an urge to go to the bathroom and pressure would build up over days.
When I would go it would be not enough/hard to get out and be soft and would have to wipe alot.
It would always feel like I would have alot inside of me still/never satisfied.
-Before this I was always fine and I can only remember one time of constipation in my life.
-So far ive tried:
-Zelnorm
-cytotec
-colon Cleanse
-colon oscopy
-catscan on my stomach

Colon Cleanse is a natural substance but it has senna in it... im scared to use many laxatives because of my age. I don’t want to be 30 or younger and have my bowels so messed up that laxative don’t even work for me.

Please Help. Im out of ideas and just get more and more frustrated with me and doctor because they aren’t helping
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Jude-Love
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Wurm
What kind of a cleansing program did you use? Also, have you checked your diet? You could be eating something that will constipate. Try eating a small handful of raw almonds and drink lots of water. What worked for me was the "colonix" program it helped with my constipation but I also changed my diet in order to stay regular. It is important that you first get your system cleared and in great form and then gradually change your eating habits to include more raw vegetables. This has worked well for me and has kept me regular. Let us know how you are doing.
|

replied June 22nd, 2007
Have you tried Metamucil? It's the main ingredient in many colon cleanses (which you have said you've tried) but it couldn't hurt. Also, try reading "Eating for IBS", even if you don't think you have it. It gives really good suggestions on foods to avoid. Hope it helps.
|

replied July 1st, 2007
I have pretty bad bouts of constipation so you're not alone out there....what I used and really liked was Enzymatic Whole Body Cleanse......you should not do it more than 4 times per year.....Good luck
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I have the exact same problem and so does my husband. We both take FiberCon every single day. I have been regular ever since. Also, drinking a cup of coffee can sometimes move your bowels. Try that, if you haven't already.
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Food and schedules play a very strong role in the way your organism works. So, changing works shedules may have made that happen. But you can overcome that by taking some attention to what you eat. Have orange juice for breakfast, kiwi for dessert, don't eat white cereals, have whole cereals, soup, greens, fibers, water. Smile
|