Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Smelly Penis !!? (Page 1)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
So.. i have recently started dating again, after a 5 years relationship and a break up.

My new guy, has been with one other person(just once), besides myself, and is uncircumsized.

I cannot stand being near his penis. !!!

It smells so bad! ...What is it.... I mean, is it normal for penis' to smell so rancid!? and i just got lucky with my old guy?

I feel bad asking him about it.. or bringing it up.. but i dunno what to do.
I talked to him about getting std checked.. because we are sleeping together, and what not.. hes agreed, but what if its not an std. what could it be..

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper likewh0a
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I hate the smell of a man's penis and testicles. I don't know if it is the testicle sweat I am smelling or what. Every man I have ever been with had a smell, although it is tough to know just how stinky your man is exactly. Laughing Uncircumcised penises can get particularly sweaty and stinky. I would suggest talking to him about it. Be open about it. He could go to a doctor just to make sure nothing is wrong. If the doctor says it's normal, you can just tell him you don't like the smell. I don't hide that fact from my partner. You can make him shower right before you go near his penis. I have gone so far as to spray body spray on my partner's thighs to cover up some of his smell. Laughing
|

replied November 19th, 2011
I have an uncircumcised penis and I had the same smelly problem until recently. I showered everyday and wash properly but within a 8hr period I would be smelly again. My wife was gross out by the smell and made me wash my penis two or three times until I passed her smell test. She sprayed me with her feminine spray trying to cover the smell and tried her best to deal with it. I was looking for this production called Nodoro, which is said to work on getting rid of the smell, but the company went out of business. However I resolved the problem when I came across this youtube video saying how to natural keep your arm pits smelling great with only lime and alcohol(Isopropyl). The alcohol is used to kill the bacteria which create the odor and lime to keep you smelling fresh. I tried this remedy on my arm pits and it really work well. Then I said maybe its bacteria on my penis which creating the smell, so after a shower I pulled back my penis and wiped it down with 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol. Please Note(only on the outside and there should be NO burner feeling, if you notice any cuts or abrasion on you penis wait until its fully heal before you attempt this remedy.) The next 8hr check was a major improvement and after that it was only the smell of urine,which means I need to drink more water. I rinse water and wipe myself down with alcohol a few hours after any sexual activities along with whenever I feel like it after taking a shower. I'm very please with the out come. I still wash my penis off for my wife out of respect, but now she is not afraid to just throw it in her mouth:)
|

replied February 23rd, 2012
Hydrogen Peroxide
Your post prompted me to try rubbing alcohol...it helped but it also prompted me to try hydrogen peroxide and-- WOW-- is the first thing I've found that completely eliminated the odor. So I say Hydrogren Peroxide. It works BIG TIME. Thank GOD!
|

replied June 15th, 2007
Talk to him about it. He will most likely not be offended. My girlfriend once told me that she couldn't give me oral sex because of the smell of my penis. I guess I hadn't showered for over a day when this happened. I'm sure its nothing a good shower won't take away. Tell him to make sure he does a good job cleaning down there when he showers. I know you said he is a new guy, so I'm guessing you probably don't feel comfortable enough to tell him, but I would consider it.
|

replied June 15th, 2007
Experienced User
Every man and woman smell dif. If its a bad smell and theres also thick or thin stuff like a crust i think its lack of hygine to be honest. My X was always ok but when we were camping or walking and was being spontaniouse etc sometimes he used to smell real bad!!! My new man has very good hygine and smells and tastes nice i must say. As said every man does smell but if its bad just try to talk to him openly. Or try having a shower or bath togeather and see if it still smells after a good scrub. If it does then it could be something more detramental.
|

replied November 29th, 2007
Do they ever smell good?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2007
Supporter
It's normal to have an odour down there. Both men and women, given the functions and position of their genitals, have odours.

Try having a shower before you fool around. It might make a difference.
|

User Profile
I don't know about everyone but I have come across a smelly one! I just would ask my ex to take a shower. after we had sex I would also make him take a shower because if u don't and do it again ladies can get infections. I don't know about guys. if u (girls) have a smell even after u shower it may be some type of infection.
If i feel sweaty or haven't took a shower since the morning i will shower before i have sex and then again after. It makes me feel better. With guys though I noticed that too some smell and some don't. It may be if they sweat easy or haven't showered i think. With uncircumsized i think they have to clean like the tip or something or else they get infected so that's what it may be.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I think he either has poor hygiene habits (since uncircumcised penises do require more care when bathing) or else has some sort of infection. My husband's penis never smells bad at all, and he's not like some super freaky clean person or anything Wink I, however, have noticed a sort of "musty hair" smell around his pubic hair on his testicles if it has been more than 12 or so hours since a shower, but it is not unbearable. The only way I can describe it is sort of a manly, un-deodorized armpit smell Laughing But it is not nearly as hard to bare. It's just not something I'd choose to smell.

Anyhow, I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I'm sure mentioning it to him would be the best thing to do in your case. Have him try taking extra care in cleaning it before coming in contact with it, and if that doesn't dramatically improve the situation, I'd try to talk him into seeing a doctor. Good luck!
|

replied September 26th, 2008
Hey everyone I am a little new to the board but this is definitely something I can relate too.

You guys there is a pretty simple solution to all of this, it's called use a cleanser that has a long lasting effect on cleanliness and odor. Most of us take showers at least once in the morning or night. There are a few products out there and I have tried them, the most effective one would be mj i heard it on the radio. if you search for man junk on Google you will find it because we can't put links on here another thing i know I was worried about was a random chemical on my private area you can plus their wash is natural and organic so you can feel comfortable putting it on this area. i know this was a big deal to me.

I hope this helps all the guys and girls with guys out there, i know it helped me. PM me if you have any other questions.
I made it run together to make it sound unprofessional
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
smell
never used to smell but do now

what happened?
|

replied December 25th, 2008
smelly penis
its called smegma or something like that. its a kinds of discharge. you have to look it up. its normal for a mans penis and testicals to smell like sweat like it is a woman. ladies we all know there are times of the month were we have a more punjant odor. the head of a mans penis when it is uncercumsized is considered a internal organ like a woman cervix. where ever there is moisture it is normal for a smell to come. just clean clean clean. kinda liek your belly button. If you dont wash it properly and you stick your finger in your belly button and wiggle your finger around it is common for a person to have some sort of smell. similar to a mans penis or womans vagina if not properly cleaned.
|

User Profile
replied December 25th, 2008
Experienced User
oh nooooooooooooo...i can't believe this. i have never smelled a man's penis that had a stink to it. my b/f's have always been clean (and circumcised) and i've never smelled anything other than the man's normal "body scent" which is not at all unpleasant and can be smelled on his arm, or his back or wherever.

oh i hope i never smell a stinky penis!!!!!!!!! i think i'd throw up!
jasmine
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
manjunk.com maybe?
Tell your spouse if he has problems with smells to wash regularly and maybe try a product like man junk.

Seems like a pretty achievable scenario for you guys to be happy.
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2009
Community Volunteer
Please, please, please don't make him feel bad about being uncircumcised. Yes, they require a bit more cleaning, but that is not why he smells. Unless he isn't cleaning down there right. Watch him shower. Is he pulling back his foreskin and wiping his glans and the skin with a wet washcloth? If not, there is the problem. Yes it is smegma. Yes it is normal. And yes, it can smell. No need to use soap down there either as it can take away the normal ph balance, the only "soap" I would ever recommend for downstairs for male or female is baby shampoo. Not that you need soap. I don't have much of an odor down there (minus that time of the month) and I only wash with water and a washcloth. DH is uncircumcised and does the same. He does not smell bad at all, with the exception of being outside all day or at work. But he pops in the shower before we get dirty because dirty penis=potential infected vagina.
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2009
Body odors is normal, more than that smell is a problem..Shaving off would lessen the smell though and makes my penis even larger..lolz!

There's an old saying that when you love your partners body odor, then you're perfect for each other.
|

replied March 5th, 2009
smelly penis
I had one up my mouth this week that was smelly and I still feel and taste the horrible smell in my mouth. I am totally turned off by this guy as good looking and as Rich as He is with his blue eyes....The dick smells really bad!!!
|

replied March 21st, 2009
2 suggestions
As someone else suggested, shaving the hair really helps the smell.

I use the feminine deoderant sprays. They work wonders. Granted, you might need to wash this off before "some activities", but it works great!
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Rule out an infection, then do the shower thing.

Another thing alot of people dont notice is tight undergarments, sometimes we need to breathe down there. Example.... wear loose pants with no boxers/underwear, sleep naked etc.

It could be a bunch of things but it never hurts to try, we have our own smell too as woman but it is gross when its out of line.
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2009
Experienced User
Men and women do smell bad if we don't take extra care about our personal hygene and an uncircumcised penis really smells. I have a boyfriend he is a foreigner (not asian) who is uncircumcised and it really really smell bad. I asked him if he could go into circumsition but he refused to do so. He wants me to do a blow job and I sometimes refuse because of the smell. I am afraid to tell him of the reason thinking that I might offend him. I know he is totally aware of the smell.
|

replied August 19th, 2009
Experienced User
you should use soap and water to clean down there not just water and a washcloth do the same thing to your pits and they still smell what do you think gets the smell and germs off its the SOAP.
|
Quick Reply