Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

Im a Cheap Guy Dating a Rich Girl

i never dated a rich girl before and i dont know, im nervous. i dont mean her parents are just "well-off" i mean, summer house on the beach in florida, private island with clubhouse, tennis courts, boat, airplane, inground pool, etc. i really like her, shes really cute and funny, but i can see her brattiness and spoiled side showing from time to time haha, which i also think is kinda cute.

im working my way through college, paying it all off as i go, also paying for an apartment, no help from parents or the government, so im known to be pretty cheap and careful with money. she thinks my cheapness is funny, but do you think shell eventually get annoyed with it?

and also, she invited me to her summer mansion in florida, how should i act when i get there to make it seem like im there for her and not only a sweet free vacation?

how do i date a rich girl??? ahhh!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ohiokid87
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well, everyone is different. We can't say for sure whether or not she will get annoyed by your being good with money. I grew up with some money, probably not as much as her family has Laughing, but certainly enough. Even so, I am extremely tight with money because I knew that my father had to work very hard to get there. My father paid for me to go to a small, expensive, private college, just wrote a check and paid in full, but after that, I didn't want to take handouts from him. For almost a year I even lived in a trailer with no heat and hot water because I did not want to take his money anymore.

It sounds like she might not have ever watched her parents work Laughing , but even so, you never know. You can't predict how someone will act by how much money they currently have.

If she was really shallow and all about the money, she probably would not be dating you right now at all, so that's something to keep in mind. When you go to Florida, just be yourself. She knows you're not rich, right? So if you seem excited and impressed with it all, I don't think she will be shocked. Laughing
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Im a Cheap Guy Dating a Rich Girl
ohiokid87 wrote:
i never dated a rich girl before and i dont know, im nervous. i dont mean her parents are just "well-off" i mean, summer house on the beach in florida, private island with clubhouse, tennis courts, boat, airplane, inground pool, etc. i really like her, shes really cute and funny, but i can see her brattiness and spoiled side showing from time to time haha, which i also think is kinda cute.

im working my way through college, paying it all off as i go, also paying for an apartment, no help from parents or the government, so im known to be pretty cheap and careful with money. she thinks my cheapness is funny, but do you think shell eventually get annoyed with it?

and also, she invited me to her summer mansion in florida, how should i act when i get there to make it seem like im there for her and not only a sweet free vacation?

how do i date a rich girl??? ahhh!

Be yourself and let the chips fall where they may. If she can't handle the real you, cheapness and all, then it's not the right girl for you. You wouldn't want to get married to this girl and go through the rest of your life trying to be someone your'e not, would you?
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
Very proud of you for mmaking a way for oyur own life at such a young age. COllege and paying for your own place to live...hats off! You are not "cheap" but know how to manage your money. Its sad, when people of $ those handed down money, not hte ones who literally have to do manual labor for it.....can't apprecaite what life is about...its not material things but who you have in your life. You mentioned budgeting yourself...who is paying for this trip (transportation to Florida)? If you drive, thats your gas and wear and tear on your tires.....I'd say go if she was driving or paying for your gas. But, there is no way I'd set myself up to expect to go and have a nice time and spend my hard earned money only to find out (the real bratty/spoiled) person is just that. Now, if she accepts you for who you are and does not begrudge you for "being Thrifty" the word cheap......then i'd say go and have a great time. Just look out for your heart and know what you are getting into before you step in knee deep. Have a heart to heart with her before hand and tell her how you feel about this money sitaution. Honesty can get you a long way! Good luck!
|

replied June 14th, 2007
thanks for the input everybody. i dont think i worded my question all that great, i know she likes me for me and shes not shallow, weve been on 5 or 6 dates before she left for FL. its not that i think shell leave me cause im cheap, i just dont want her to think i like her because of her money, her cool car, FL, etc.. cause thats not why. i didnt even find out she was rich til the 3rd or 4th date.
|

replied September 9th, 2007
Your insecurity is weakness and if she finds it cute now she will loathe you forever for it later and all her friends and your classmates will know what a cheapo you are. Theres nothing sexy about being cheap.
No of course you're not after her money. Its our secret Wink ....... Act like money doesnt impress you. Think of her and her family as eliteist and look down on them for it. This will keep her on the edge and have her wanting your approval. Have pride in your "Starving student" image and suggest (not directly) that hardwork is a virtue and she is going to need your street smarts to survive in this mean mean world.
|

replied January 9th, 2011
There is a difference between being "cheap" and not having as much money as others... you can not have a lot of money and at the same time not act "cheap"...

Stress the important things...
|

replied February 8th, 2011
Well, everyone is different. We can't say for sure whether or not she will get annoyed by your being good with money.Don't think of it as an overly complicated matter, here are a few things that you can do to win her heart,Become a great listener.
|

replied January 18th, 2014
I would date a rich woman as long as they don't have there head up there ass ,, as most think they are all that me I say as long as you love each other it does not matter who got the money as long as you are happy
|
Tags: airplane, act
Quick Reply