Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

brown discharge two weeks after period (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Ok this has never happened before. I hadn't had sex in 7 months. Then I had sex ONCE unprotected. Like a few days later I started my period (slightly) but then it stopped. It didn't start back up until like 3 days after the fact and for the most part seemed normal. Now 2 weeks after my period stopped, I get this brown discharge and occasionally a little bleeding throughout the day as well as a bit of abdominal discomfort (but not full fledge cramping). I always get the brown discharge immediately after my period (which I did have last time) but never 2 weeks after the fact! I had to admit I am a bit worried. There was a little bit of itching that comes and goes occasionally but not bad at all. So I thought maybe a yeast infection/bladder infection or both. But all I drink is water so I ruled out the bladder infection! I have never been pregnant so I don't really know what that feels like. Any thoughts on this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper angeleyes1975
|

replied June 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Just because you only drink water doesn't mean you can't get a uti. It does sound likely that you have some kind of infection down there. I'd go get checked out Smile

I think it's unlikely that you're pregnant since you said you used protection, and got a full, normal period. Less bleeding means pregnancy, not more, which is what you have.
|

replied June 14th, 2007
no i didnt use protection and it felt like a full blown period was coming on but it hasn't. its still only a very little bit of blood. but i know alot of things can cause this so there is no telling at this point what it is.
|

replied June 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I was going off of this part:
Quote:
It didn't start back up until like 3 days after the fact and for the most part seemed normal.

which I assumed to mean you had a full-blown period...

Well, if you didn't use protection, then you may indeed be pregnant, though I honestly think it's unlikely since you had a fairly regular period.
|

replied June 14th, 2007
yea im thinking if anything it may be b/c of my strenous workout lately..for the last month i been working out about 4 to 5 times a week for 2 hours at a time but i still would think that would make me bleed LESS and not more. its just weird.
|

replied February 23rd, 2009
dark brown discharged
Hi I have the same symptoms as pc2008, however my period was late 3days, and itwas't like always. It started little, now its dark and brown looks like some old blood. So I have this more than two weeks and I didn't use protection.
|

replied March 5th, 2009
brown discharge
2 weeks after my period stopped, I get little brown discharge every day.i want to know abt wht is that....can anyone tell me
|

replied March 14th, 2009
me too
Exactly two weeks after my period started i got this thick goopy brownish maroonish discharge. It was only once when i got in the morning and then i got this brown thinner stuff for the rest of the day and the next day when i wiped. I have been way tired since monday (this is sat). Sleeping anywhere from 9-12 hours when i usually only sleep about 6-8 hours a night. I am still tired after that much sleep and my appetite is almost gone today and a bit of nausea. My husband and i had sex after my period stopped and used protection. We had a baby 17 months ago so are not ready for another yet. The discharge was nasty smelling. Any suggestions?
|

User Profile
replied October 1st, 2009
i never use protection and i just got off the pill and now this month is WEIRD. i feel so different i think its cause of my hormones going crazy but i have a strong chance to being knocked up. i have sore breast, extremely moody i mean who crys to a dove commercial or family guy lol i have been soooooooooooooooo tired, i have pains in my lower stomach. not cramps i know them and they are uncomfortable. these are annoying pain like idk a little knife in me. i am urinating frequently but there are times when i just do that normally so i do not know its weird. i want a baby but not sure right now is the time. i had a period on the 6th of september and then it just stopped and then again 4 days later and it was way light and brown. idk when i ovulated but i am expecting my period next week i want it but then again... not really. i am a little nervous but still doubtfull.
|

replied March 10th, 2010
worried
im 16 and ive never had sex, i just got off of my period 5 or six days ago i have the little bit of brown discharge for 2 days b4 i stop my period. well i stopped for 3 days and then when i went to the restroom i noticed a brown discharge in my underwear and it freaked me out. im still having the discharge(a little blood mixed with the brown stuff)4 days later. so i dont know if since it was in feb. and there are only 28 days that it screwed with my cycle, or if im changing days(cause im irregular) and starting again, or if there is just some leftover stuff coming out. i have no cramps or bloating though, so im kind of worried about it. this is the 2nd time its happened to me(feb of last year). can anyone help?
|

replied June 23rd, 2010
i am 16 i dont have sex but a week after my period i get brown discharge this has happened twice but went away on its on i also have frequent yeast infections but this discharge does make my vagina itch could this just b another yeast infection or something else please help.
|

replied July 20th, 2010
i've been having some brownish discharge with little specs of blood the past two or three days. i have had sex a few times in the last week with my long term boyfriend, and am on birth control. my last period was 2 weeks ago. any ideas what this could be?
|

replied July 20th, 2010
i've been having some brownish discharge with little specs of blood the past two or three days. i have had sex a few times in the last week with my long term boyfriend, and am on birth control. my last period was 2 weeks ago. any ideas what this could be?
|

replied July 27th, 2010
I had the same problem last month. My period came on the 4th of june lasted it's regular 5 days and later came back on the 21st of june, I had sex a month earlier sometime around May 20-26, but my bf did not cum in me. Around that time I started to wake up every minute during the night to pee and I started losing weight due to stress and lack of eating also due to stress that I could be pregnant. I took the Home Pregnancy Test "4 Times" and every time it said I was not pregnant but I was still stressing. I started to read online blogs to see what other ppl who shared the same situation with me was saying and every where I went it all lead me to believe I was pregnant, Until a friend of mines told me how low the chances of me being pregnant was.
reason #1.- Pre-Cum alone can not get you pregnant 90% of the time
2. My period came on regular after I had sex!
3. I was stressing and stress and malnutrition cause spotting
4. pregnancy test says Negative.
5. Plus me and my mom both had our period 2 times that month.
I ended up getting my period on july 24. I was late because of the stressing!!!!
So ladies please dont stress your self out please!!
& If your not ready for a baby use protection at all times or JUST DON'T HAVE SEX AT ALL!
|

replied August 13th, 2010
c-section
I had a c-section in May 2010 and July 10 was my first period. Then 2 weeks later I started to bleed but it was dark brown for a couple of days then it went away. It's now Aug 13 and I should have had my period on the 10th. Do you think something is wrong with me or if I'm pregnant again?
|

replied August 20th, 2010
i had da same thing happen 2 me.it startd a wk afta my 18th bday.i suppose 2 hav a period on da 18th bt all i got was a bloody discharge dat ddnt last lnger den 2hrs.i already had a baby lik 2yrs ago.i went arund askn female family members and friends wat it cud b dey tld me its my body gtn ready 4 pregnancy.i cnt use no type of birth control cuz it maks me bleed very heavy and giv me big blood clots.hunny i wud help bt we both n da sam situation
|

replied August 29th, 2010
i had my period two weeks ago, and then yesterday i noticed this brown discharge. so i stuck a tampon in and pulled it out a couple hrs later and there was brown blood mixed with bright red blood. i also had cramps. whats going on?
|

replied September 8th, 2010
my period this month was very light and a brown color, and after my period ive been havning brown discharge this is my 10th day...??? what could that be....i have unprotected sex and i started drinking cyclo progynova on the 5th day of my period???
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2010
You can guess through Obvious Physical Symptoms:- The most obvious vaginal yeast infection symptoms that a woman would notice would be itchiness or inflammation in the vagina and vulva area. This could cause discomfort and pain during urination, menstruation, and sexual intercourse. There is often a foul smelling discharge that can either be yellow or white, which often has the consistency of cheese. Red blisters may also occur due to the extreme itchiness of the affected area.
|

replied November 3rd, 2010
im 16 and have been havin unprotected sex with my boyfreind i had my normal period last month which lasts 7 days 19th-26th and on the second of november (yesterday) i noticed brown spots on my tissue in the morning . when i wiped it was showing. i had cramp in my stomach this morning for about 5 mins and bad stomach pains a couple of days ago which kept coming and going. I have never had brown spots in my underwear , this is the only time after my period that i have had these. what could be causing this brown discharge ? please help...
|
12 >>