Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Night sweats , swollen lymph nodes ,& anxiety

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
For the past four months i have been chronically lightheaded & lethargic, with vertigo a couple times a day. I feel my pulse in my head at least once every 5 minutes, and sometimes have a hard time focusing on objects. It's gotten to the point where i'm too scared to go outside by myself, and i quit my job. I was fainting, or coming close to fainting very often and couldn't handle it. I have vitamins almost everyday, but I don't eat very well. My anxiety causes me to have difficulty eating because my stomach is upset a lot of the time, but I am not having a dramatic weight loss. I've tried to stop smoking marijuana for two weeks to see if it was the cause, but my symptoms remained. I also have really bad night sweats almost every night. My doctor tests my blood sugar regularily, and would probably tell me if I were at risk for diabetes. My life has been put on hold because of this, and it's increasing my anxiety, any leads or suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2007
Anxiety & Stress Answer A2952
Most of the symptoms you report could be due to anxiety. On the other hand, swollen lymph nodes and night sweats HAVE TO be checked seriously. Swollen lymph nodes and night sweats could indicate an infection. You'll need complete blood work not only a blood sugar test; full blood work examinations include :blood count, sedimentation, hemoglobin, and liver and kidney status. You'll also need some serological tests in order to exclude infective mononucleosis and HIV-infection. You can contact your primary health provider. If everything tests OK, the remaining possibility is that you might be experiencing anxiety. So, you can request these examinations to be sure nothing else is going on.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.