Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

12 Week Ultrasound Fear.

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Its the night before the ultra sound! I'm suppose to feel excited i'm assuming but instead i'm trying not to burst into tears.

I am so scared that the baby has died. I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that the baby died. I woke up suddenly and thought to myself 'i'm not pregnant any more' It felt that real.

Please ladies any words of wisdom would be very appreciated.

Shar
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Experienced User
DOn't worry about it, you will just get yourself all stressed out for no reason. Try to relax and stay calm. I am the same way as you, I would always worry myself self sick and it did me now good. I am sure it will all be fine.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Experienced User
I agree I wouldnt worry so much.
Do you still have all your pregnancy symptoms?
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Experienced User
Since i have been pregnant i have had the most awful dreams. dont worry! i had my 2oweek today and i was so scared b4 hand that they were gonna tell me summet was wrong, But everthing went fine. n i see my midwife tomorrow and am gnna ask to hear the heartbeat again. U will be fine. Smile x let us know how it all goes
|

replied June 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
babyAndy wrote:
Do you still have all your pregnancy symptoms?

that's not really relevant. around 12-14 weeks most women lose most of their symptoms. i believe this is when the placenta takes over and gives your body a break (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

pixma, pregnancy can be very stressful for some people. just try to relax and think positively. i lost my first baby, so i was pretty much a wreck every day up until i felt my baby moving regularly.

try to enjoy your pregnancy!
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
dont worry, its completly normal, before my 12 week appointment and scan i was worried sick

i had 2 positive tests and a scan at 9 weeks that said there was a baby...but i *still* was certain the doc would tell me all that was wrong and i wasnt pregnant and never was...not even that it died, that everyone else was wrong...im insane i know lol

try to relax and update us after your scan good luck hope you get a really good look at the little one

~alicia~
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh i hope you are all right!! Thank you for your kind words.

I still have symptoms. Morning sickness is well just that but as soon as i get up and have something to eat i'm usually fine. Tender nipples, fatigue, and bloating are all there.

I've always been the type of person to dwell on the bad side of a situation. I think i've finally realised that this is real (only took me 7 weeks Rolling Eyes ) and how much i want this baby in my life.

I dont deal well with a broken heart. Had a little cry this morning in the shower but got it under control before stephen saw me. Hardly slept last night and he knows i'm on edge so hes been really good.

I will of course let you all know the outcome.

Thanks again

shar
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
pixma wrote:
I think i've finally realised that this is real (only took me 7 weeks Rolling Eyes )

meh dont feel bad, i still havent completly realized it and my baby is 2 weeks old...im a slow one lol

~alicia~
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm back from the ultrasound.

Didnt even need to see the heart beat. It was jumping around having a wow of a time!! Smile

Everything looked fine so the lady said. Its 5 cm long, heart beat around 160 which she said is about normal, 2 arms, 2 legs and an awsome profile!! Laughing

i shed a single tear of relief and it was probably one of my most proudest moments so far in my life. Smile

Thank you to all of you for making me feel better before i left. I'm going to see if i can scan a couple of pics to show you all.

Shar
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2007
Experienced User
awww thats great news i new it would all be okay Smile
yeah post sum pics Smile if ya can
|