Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Microgynon 30

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Apologies if this sort of thing has been posted before (or if it's an utterly stupid question Embarassed ) but I wondered what effect Microgynon 30 might have on early pregnancy?

I have recently begun to suspect I might be pregnant, but so far have dismissed the idea since I have continued to have periods. However, my last two periods have both been several days late and have been very different to normal - much lighter in colour and much thinner blood. I also had an "extra" period in between which lasted for about three days, which has never happened to me before. I always believed that any bleeding during early pregnancy was usually spotting, rather than anything like a period, and certainly not regular enough to bleed continuously for the normal length of time, as with a normal period. So would the fact that I am still having periods, however different they seem to normal, indicate that there is little to no chance of pregnancy? I have recently begun to feel nauseated immediately upon waking and this feeling comes and goes in "waves" throughout the day, which was the first indicator during my last pregnancy.
I think what I wanted to enquire was as to whether or not my contracteptive pill may cause my body to mimic periods, or if there really is no chance that I could be pregnant and I should just head off to the doctors to see if something else could be wrong with me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
If you are having similar symptoms to your last pregnancy, then I think it's time to test, just to be safe. It is possible to become pregnant on birth control.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well, yes, pregnancy is always a possibility. But the pill can mess up your period. And I would guess that if you are still getting periods, then it means you aren't pregnant. And the pill can cause nausea too.

My inclination is to say you are not pregnant. But of course it always is a possibility. Check with the doc to be safe, or just take a home test.
|