Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

I Cant Remember If I Put a Tampon In ...

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I was drinking with the husband and my period had pretty much stopped and I could have sworn that i didnt put another tampon in but i had sex with him and then when i woke up I started to wonder if I did, I felt inside to see if I could feel anything and I couldn't so is there anyway that even by feeling it could be in there??? I am really nervous but also a big part of me thinks that I never put one in. Its just kinda blurry to me...what should I do? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tylanas
|

replied June 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well, I'd personally go see a gynecologist. I'd assume you'd be bleeding everywhere if there wasn't a tampon in, wouldn't you?

Most women are able to feel up to their cervix at various parts of their cycle, so you should be able to feel up there too. If there's no tampon, then you didn't put one in. But due to the risk of TSS, if you can't feel all the way in, I'd go see a doctor.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
I've had that happen to me before also. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, your body would expel it in a few days anyways.
|

replied June 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Jaydensmommy wrote:
I've had that happen to me before also. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, your body would expel it in a few days anyways.

Really? I wouldn't be totally dependent on that, personally.
Secondly, there is the risk of TSS with tampon use, especially prolonged use. it's just not safe to keep one in too long.

Yes, during my period, if I let one get really engorged, it would slip out when I used the bathroom - I've even accidentally pushed one out during a bowel movement.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
Yes your right you totally jogged my memory. I forgot all about tss. Then again its been along time since I've even had to use the darn things! I'd give it a day if it dosen't feel like it is in there I'd go in to the doc.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i heard yesterday on oprah that it can get stuck somewhere around your cervix somehow, so going to see your doctor might be a good idea. soon!
|
Tags: drinking, period, sex
Quick Reply