Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Thick Sticky White Vaginal Discharge

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
i am 18 years of age and within the past year my discharge has changed in texture as well as smell... i always feel like i dont have alot of lubrication down below now and if there is any discharge, it's always thick and sticky and white. i dont think it is a yeast infection because it's not itchy or anything is this something to be concerned about, or is this normal for me to be experiencing?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Lemondrop88
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Thick, sticky, white discharge is usually normal. Discharge might be thick or watery, and it might be clear or white. It can also be stringy like egg whites. All of that is normal. You also might notice that your discharge changes in color or texture throughout the month.

Signs that there might be a problem are green discharge, frothy discharge, very stinky discharge, and discharge that looks like cottage cheese.

However, if you notice any major changes in your discharge, it's a good idea to have an ob-gyn take a look just in case.
|

replied April 16th, 2010
vaginal discharge so get happy
its normal just enjoy your life your becoming a women!
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2010
yeast infection
You can diagnose yourself.I can opt you symptoms for yeast infection. When a female has this kind of infection, a cheesy white discharge is seen over the vagina's walls, but the symptoms are nonspecific and may be a cause of other conditions.

|

replied March 30th, 2011
I dont think that the answer to Lemondrop88 is very useful at all. Im just curious if its healthy, if i should be embarrassed, and if there is any home remedies to the problem. If I go to the gyno soon i dont want to be scared for that reason...
|

replied July 17th, 2011
Thick vaginal discharge(white) and excessive meanstrual bleeding
Hello I am 34 yrs, I have excessive meanstrual bleeding ,thick vaginal discharge(white), dry vagina during intercourse, absence of sexual feallings and constrict of vagina during intercourse, but no pain when urinating or abdominal pain, I am worried >Anyone Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied October 24th, 2011
i have this exact problem!! the doctor tells me the discharge is normal, its not a std, its not a yeast infection... it really messes with my sex life!! i really dont know where to turn!!
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2012
thick white discharge, no period, negative test, sides achen
im 18, i already have a 6mnth old daughter.

Me & My Partner are sexually active, & he does use protection, however i do not use bc cause i bled constintly throughout the months.
but my last period was january,17th
& its now febuary,24.
I havent had no period , but i did start s
potting very lightly on&off on 17&18,
i took pregnancy teat and they came out negative. and lately both my sides been achen by my ovaries & i just noticed today that im now having thick white disxharge!!,, i do have a dr. apntmnt march1st fr ultrasounds & to be checked. but i rather know NOW!!

i really need some advise
|

replied March 20th, 2013
This is exactly what I'm going though! What was the cause of yours?? Please help
|

replied May 20th, 2012
white sticky discharge
i have a white discharge and sticky it does not itch but it have a smell. can somebody help me please! is it an infection or normal?
|

replied December 20th, 2013
i have a thick white discharge that is dry to the touch and during sexual intercourse i get very dry i did a pap smear and it came back satisfactory my doc treated me for bv recently but whenever i insert my finger inside my vagina i have difficulties because its so thick but no pain during intercourse.

i also feel this thick piece of flesh pressing down from the top of my vagina that seems as if it wants to close up my vaginal opening

i need your advice plz
|