Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Spotting And Bleeding At 11 Weeks

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am almost 11 weeks pregnant and i am having dark brown blood coming out. It isnt light but its not heavy where i would have to change a pad every hour. I went to the doctor and got an ultrasound. They said everything was ok and sent me home. They didnt explain anything to me or try to ease my mind on it. I did see the baby (which actually looked like a baby, which makes me think im further along) so it helped a little. I am still bleeding today which is the 4th day. Should i go back at all or get a hcg count? this is my first preg. so i dont know what to do... Please help

[moderator note- split from an old thread.]
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Eyes Wide Shut
|

replied June 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
are you cramping at all?? Having lower back, abdominal cramps??

If so, def go to the er and get tested again.

But if not, many women experience this type of dark brown discharge during the 1st trimester of pregnancy.

If I can offer any advice. It would be to not google your symptoms. It will terrify you into believing you're miscarrying, when it could be nothing!

Keep us updated!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2009
I am nearly 11 weeks and I am having the same symptoms. I am scared to death. I went to the ER and they took my blood to see if my levels were normal. They told me to go home and not to work for 3-5 days. Put my feet up and just to get up to go to the bathroom. That was two days ago. My brown discharge is a bit heavier. My doctor is on vavcation but has left me 2 other doctors numbers to call. I am wondering if I went to the ER again if they would give me and ultrasound since it was the weekend when I went before. Like I said I am almost 11 weeks and considered high risk because of my age.(35)And still no calls to get an ultra sound. I just want to see that my baby is ok. It has my husband and I a little worried.
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2009
Supporter
Hi Cheryl,

You are probably better off calling one of the doctors. They will tell you if you should go to the ER. The doctor can also request for them to give you an ultrasound. They will take you more serious in the ER if a doctor is involved. He also might want to see you in his office. I hope you get some answers soon! Goodluck and feel better. Keep us updated on your condition.
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2009
hi ya, am nearly 11wks and am havg light to dark brown discharge as well, we did sm scans n da baby ws fine..i am still havg the discharge..bt am trying nt to stress abt it..fingers crossed..
|

replied March 16th, 2010
im having the same problem but mines not that heavy. If i just left my pad it would last about 2 days (although i dont leave it that long lol) but what has also got me worried is that my other syptoms have gone away. Im 11 weeks pregnant and only 17 years old so I dont know much about it all. Is this a blessing or a curse?? x
|

replied April 8th, 2010
brownish discharge at 11 weeks
I am 11 weeks today. I am experiencing a small amount of brownish dischage, cramping, and a headache. I called the doctor''s office and spoke with an after-hours nurse. She said to call back if I start to see a lot of red blood. Other than that, she didn''t seem to think it was urgent. I am concerned, mostly because my doctor didn''t hear a heartbeat at my first appointment three days ago.
|

replied February 10th, 2011
Spotting
I am 11 weeks and 6 days pregnant yesterday i noticed some spotting, it was pinkish red but wasnt heavy or anything like that. I went to the e.r. the doc did a pelvic exam and ordered an HCG quantity. He said my hormone levels were low nd then ordered an ultrasound. I havent had any cramping or shown any signs of a miscarriage. Should i be worried?
|

replied February 10th, 2011
Hmm.. When this happened to me I started like you have explained, then the next morning I started bleeding. I was told to go to the ER. It was a miscarriage. I hope things go better for you, however!!
|

replied June 16th, 2011
Hi, I am 11 weeks & 4 days pregnant & all of sudden its been three days I am getting spots , earlier it was dark brown blood , now its red . Since this morning I am getting back pain & very slight discomfort in abdomen .I went to hospital 2 days ago, they did scan & they said they cant see anything ,its just 7 weeks baby , unless I am giving them the right dates . They asked me to wait till next week for another scan to check if baby is growing . I am so scared , if anyone can please help me to know my situation ?????
|

replied February 26th, 2012
brown discharge
i am having similar problems and i am also about 11 weeks i noticed the brown discharge a while ago then it stopped then me and my partner had intercorse which led me to bleed it soon stopped but the brown discharge had started again n only lasted a few days. a week passed n we had sex again and again i bleed but i am now still bleeding the brown discharge n its been nearly a week im starting to worry a lil now :/
|

replied March 1st, 2012
Experienced User
lilprincess, have you had an ultrasound already? Sometimes when there is brown discharge it usually means old blood that may still be left from our last period. If you notice the brown discharge after sex, it could also be that you have a sensitive cervix...I suggest calling your doctor or going to the ER if the blood turns bright red or you have cramping that is consistent with the discharge. It doesn't hurt to call the hospital closest to you and see what the nurse suggests. Good luck!
|

replied May 7th, 2012
i had an untrasound at 6 weeks pregnant and everything was ok, and by week 11 i had anotherone because i had spotting. They said the baby is not longer living, it stoped growing at 9 weeks and i was having a miscarriage at 11 weeks. And yes i saw the baby coming out and then i had a D and C to stop the bleeding after the miscarriage
|

replied May 11th, 2012
Experienced User
myangelito, I'm sorry to hear about your loss Sad I've gone through 2 miscarriages myself so I know the pain it causes. When it happened to me, a pregnancy loss center contacted me and I talked to one of the nurses there and when they said "it's natures way of letting you know there was something wrong with the baby" it kind of comforted me. I hope you can find comfort or you have a great facility that can counsel you on the loss of your baby Sad
|

replied January 5th, 2013
dark brown discharge at 11 weeks
i am experiencing a brown discharge occasionally in my 11th week 4th day of pregnancy.wondering if the baby is okay. doctor has asked to take susten 200 and to get a usg done after two days.
|