Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

My Period Is Irregular....what Should I Do?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
My period is very irregular. In March it came on the 16th, In April it came on the 18th, In May it came on the 11th, and in June{which is now} it came on the 9th. Why are the days changing every month, and what can I do to make them regular?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You really don't sound very irregular to me. In fact, you're more regular than a lot of people. Very few women get their period every 28 days like clockwork. For most women, it's a little different every month. They might get it after 26 days one month, and after 32 the next month. I am pretty regular, but it's not like I can sit here and say "In December my period will come on the 12th." It just does not work like that. It is more like a rough estimate.
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Supporter
yeah, you don't sound particularly irregular to me either. the only way to make your periods completely regular and predictable is using birth control pills. on the pill, i pretty much almost know what hour my period will come, nevermind what day! some doctors would suggest going on birth control pills to regulate periods, but in your case i would say it would be unneccessary. you sound normal.
|

replied June 12th, 2007
Your period sounds very normal to me. My period on the other hand comes twice a month sometimes or is two weeks late. If its an issue that really bothers you then i say get birth control. I heard that it helps with irregular periods. But im sure your not irregular at all.
|

replied April 23rd, 2011
i need help
hi.. my period is really irregular.. i last saw it in January. it came for 5 days and then stopped. that was the last day i saw it for this year. i am 17yrs old, but i have a family where they keep ignoring me when i talk. i went for a check up when i was 15yrs and the report was that its a slight case of pollysistic ovaries.
it never bothered me that i dont see my period often.... still i started getting fat! i am bloating and putting on alot of fat!
can any1 please advise me on what i should do.... i really need to know!
|