Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

High Protein = Diabetic Nephropathy ?

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
I just completed testing to be a kidney donor for my cousin. The test results came with showing high protein level (4x's normal) and as a result, they tell me I cannot be her donor.

I question the test result because I have low blood pressure, normal cholesteral, no diabetes, no history of diabetes on either side of the family, height/weight porportionate - and all other test results were normal.

I am redoing the 24hr urine testing to prove the first result wrong. I would like to know, if the first test results are correct, how could that be considering my history and other good test results?

Thanks,
Connie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 12th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
There could be a lot of reasons for high protein. I have read where eating too much protein or even essessive exercise can give a false reading. I would definitly repeat the test. Hope everything works out for your cousin.
|
Did you find this post helpful?