Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

"popped Cherry" (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
ok so, i had sex with this guy i dated on a friday night, and it was my first time, and he obviously popped my cherry, so i bled a little bit after like a tiny bit , then the next day i didnt, but the day after which was the sunday i did in the morning when i went pee and that was it, then the next morning after that which was the monday i beld again, this time a tiny bit more... so it really worrys me.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper hollister
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think you are a little confused on what it means to "pop someone's cherry." "Popping your cherry" means doing something for the first time.

People often refer to the hymen as the cherry, but I think that started out of the misconception that girls break their hymen the first time they have sex. The truth is, most girls tear their hymen long before they ever have sex. Hymens are delicate and usually break from tampons, fingers, or even just running and jumping in childhood or around puberty. There is usually little or no pain or blood when it breaks.

Most girls do not bleed their first time having sex. However, if you did, it does not necessarily mean anything serious is going on. The most likely cause is that you weren't lubricated enough. When you try to shove things into a vagina that is not lubricated enough, you can get a lot of tearing, pain, blood, or a combination of all three. You'll probably heal just fine on your own, but you can go to the ob-gyn just to make sure it is nothing more serious.
|
Users who thank Llewellyn for this post: berniekitty 

replied December 27th, 2011
wall of skin type thing that blocks your vagina
your ignorant, although you might have not experienced this because despite misconceptions not all people have this piece of "skin" some people the "skin" only covers half of the hole some all of it, and when a person has sex for the first time the girl's cherry gets popped... in other words the penis ripped through the piece of "skin". In older times this was a tribes way of checking if a girl really was a virgin by looking for blood in the bed however this was a stupid idea because not everyone had this "skin". oh btw it doesnt block the very beginning but rather more inside(i done remember how inside)
|

replied May 14th, 2013
hey im a virgin and im sher I want to do it but I don't want to be embarrassed when I bleed in front of my bf because I don't know how much I will bleed??? how much do u bleed?? does it happen right away or after???
|

replied May 16th, 2013
Community Volunteer
There is nothing to be embarrassed about. If it happens, it is totally natural. You cannot do anything about it.

Only about halve of all women bleed wjen their hymens tear. It really depends on how your hymen developed. The women that do not dleed do not have any blood vessels in their hymens, or the tear does not go through these blood vessels.

It will bleed like any other tear or cut on your body.

PLEASE protect yourself from infections and pregnancy before having sex.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied June 11th, 2007
well its not actually like blood, like it is but it's pinkish and its not throughout the day, only in the morning which is wierdd, but after i did have sex i did bleed a little, i dont know, it worries me like im scared
|

replied May 14th, 2013
how much does it hurt to have sex and pop it like (1-10)
I don't want to be embarrassed in front of him...
|

replied May 15th, 2013
Community Volunteer
If you are lucky, 0. If you are unlucky, 10+

Every woman is different. About halve never have any pain or bleeding. And a few women have to have their hymen removed surgically because it is so thick that it will not break by itself.

It is not worth it to worry about it. When you have a problem, see your doctor. By the time you have sex the first time, you will likely be so horny that it does not even matter.
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hollister wrote:
well its not actually like blood, like it is but it's pinkish and its not throughout the day, only in the morning which is wierdd, but after i did have sex i did bleed a little, i dont know, it worries me like im scared

It's very common and usually just a result of tearing. However, if you're scared you can have an ob-gyn take a look. Now that you're sexually active, you're supposed to see an ob-gyn anyway.
|

replied June 11th, 2007
so this isnt a sign of pregnancy.. right?
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hollister wrote:
so this isnt a sign of pregnancy.. right?

Bleeding can be a sign of pregnancy. That is called "implantation bleeding." However, you say this started right after the sex. That would be much too soon to notice implantation bleeding. Most women do not notice implantation bleeding at all. When it does come, it is often right around the time a woman is expecting her period, so it is often mistaken for a period.

If you are afraid you might be pregnant, the only way to know for sure is to wait until you miss your period, then take a test. You can't go by any other symptoms because every early pregnancy symptom can mean many things other that just pregnancy.

If you do not want to get pregnant, make sure you always use at least one method of birth control.
|

replied June 11th, 2007
well yea it bled a little bit after and then it didnt bleed until not the next day but the day after that..
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hollister wrote:
well yea it bled a little bit after and then it didnt bleed until not the next day but the day after that..

Even that would be a bit soon for implantation bleeding, so if you used protection, it sounds like you do not have to worry too much about pregnancy.
|

replied June 11th, 2007
alright perfect, thanxx!
|

replied July 5th, 2009
okay so the same thing happened too me but i didnt bleed in the morning until like five days later... and i absoloutely hope i am not pregnant
|

replied July 15th, 2009
bleeding :\
i've been having sex for awhile, and after the first time i ever used a tampon, the next time i had sex (and got fingered) i bled. i only bleed after i get fingered or have sex, this only happened to me 3 times so far (in a row) i'm kind of confused and i don't think it's that serious, will the bleeding stop over time?
|

replied July 16th, 2009
Implentation bleeding only happens at least 14 days after conception, usually 2-4 weeks after intercourse. Therefore, bleeding is not an indication of pregnancy and by the time of implentation, a woman can usually test for pregnancy.

Now, as for bleeding a few days afterintercourse + use of tampon... those are signs of mild vaginal tears. Remember, "sex" shouldn't hurt and you should never bleed from your vaginal opening unless you are in your period. In your cases this could be the result of small tears caused by lack of lubrication, and of muscle relaxation.

Ask yourselves these questions: Do you feel unconfortable during intercourse? Are you insecure? How do you feel about your partner? Does he know of your insecurities? Did you "fool arround" beforehand to prepare and stimulate you body ?

The problem could be psychological - wich causes you to contract your muscles during sex - you might not feel the pain - but it might make you bleed afterwards.

Now, as for a physical solution. Try having your partner penetrate you with 1 finger, then 2 fingers and so on (depending on the size of his member) until you are fully "horny" - humid, and wanting more. Listen to your body. Try diffrent positions, maybe put a pillow underneath your to support your pelvis during, maybe his penis is rubbing against sensible areas... experiment and explore.

If you are young, the 3-5 days after bleeding could have nothing to do with intercourse and just be related to unregular mentruation that can occur randomly (up to sometimes 20-25 years of age).

If bleeding persists please consult your Dr. !
|

replied September 10th, 2009
pregnantcy
i had sex one day and and my cherry pop and i started bleeding a little bit then stop but the next day i started bleeding again around 12 in the afternoon so am i pregnant my partner did used protected sex though?
|

replied November 4th, 2009
my boyfriend fingered me, and now -2 days later- im bleeding, and it hurts really really bad, im basically peeing blood, and its not a whole bunch, but enough to worry me. did my cherry pop?
|

that is not your cherry popin, thats serious
|

replied November 4th, 2009
Llewellyn...please help
|

replied December 5th, 2009
pregnant?
me and am boyfriend had un-protected sex for the first time but we didnt finish and then just 2 days later i started to have back pain, brest tenderness, dizzyness, and just feeling pregnant...could i be pregnant? please take into consideration that this was the first time i've had intercourse...also havent gotten my period yet
|

yes, the penis starts cumming right away, but before anything there is invisible sperm shtuff that i forgot the name of that happens, and btw just wear it
|

replied April 25th, 2010
Periods "/
I started puberty at 10(vagina hair, armpit hair....) and im 13 now but i have never had a period. How long is the difference puberty and periods? because i have a feeling its gonna be quite a bit longer even tho its been 3 years alraedy. Is this normal, if so how long will it be before i have my first period ?
|

replied June 24th, 2012
After you've started puberty it's natural to start haveing periods about 1 year after. Or so I've been told but your like me I started puberty at age 13 and I'm 15 now and still haven't had a period.
|

replied June 20th, 2010
help could i be pregnat
ok so i messing around with this guy and his penis was around my vagina i am on the birth control pill so i didn't think i could get pregnat but two days later i stated bleeding a little and i am supposed to start my period in a week but i have never spotted before until now for some reason and i just read about implantation bleeding could i be pregnat or is it from my guy fingering me two days before it happened

i need your help please
|

replied June 20th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
wkn22, Implantation does not happen 2 days after sex.
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2010
you don't have to worry too much, it's normal since it's your first time.
|

replied July 21st, 2011
wat happens if it was ur 2nd or 3rd time and like u used protection then the next day u bleed and it hurts when u pee once and later bleeds again but doesnt hurt anymore when u pee?
|

replied July 21st, 2011
im scared
wat happens if it was ur 2nd or 3rd time and like u used protection then the next day u bleed and it hurts when u pee once and later bleeds again but doesnt hurt anymore when u pee?
|
Quick Reply