Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Infectious Diseases Forum

Proteus Ox19

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
Dear Every body ;

I'm writing from da middle east , from the worst place concerning medical

health which is ( GAZA- Palestinian National Authority)

on May,24th, 2007 i felt tired, with a high temprature ( fever) it was arounf 38.5 and it was fluctuated between 37.5 and 38.5 through the day

I guessed it's a flu but the fever continues till i went on May,29th,2007 to make a CBC,Widal Test,Proteus OX19, Brucella and the result was Positive for the Proteus OX19 = 1/320 . This was an indicator for a Reckitssia Infection which made a typhus fever. I was so scared cuz you know the doctors are waek here , they gave me a doxycycline 100mg antibiotic for 15 days ( 2 Tablets per day) and these day i feel good but my body temprature is now between 35.9 - 36.9 during the day from the early morning till night . i want to know more about this bacterial infection and i want to be sure if it's now gone away from my body after taking the drug for 2 weeks or not ... tell me every thing plz , i'm so scared and so worried cuz i don't know how such infection come to my blood Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 10th, 2007
Proteu Ox19
Hello!
I just was doing a search on proteus ox19, because mine last week also came back with a positive 1/320. I have had mine for about 4 years and never knew why I felt so awful.
According to my doctor the infection will go away with the antibiotic, however it will probably never go below 180, again since the infection has been in your body at the highest level, the doctor said that is normal so dont freek out. He said that just means its gone but those numbers will always be there so if you go back and test again and your number is 180 than you are FINE, so dont worry. But if its higher than its probably not taken care of yet.
I contracted my virus in the Virgin Islands through some contaminated food or drink, you can only get it by eating food or drink that has bacteria or through blood or stool.
Let me know if you have any further information, I am still researching on the subject.
|

replied April 22nd, 2013
Proteus OX 19
Dear Researching the subject

Are you still around and what have you found out now these many years later?
|