Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

First Time Sex: Best Position? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi im 15 and me and my boyfriend have been talking about sex lately. We have decided we are going to do it but Im really scared as it will be mi first time! I worried that i might do something wrong or not please him. We are thinkin of doggy stlye or maybe up against a wall but what are the best positions for a first time ? Please help and give any tips or advice please xxx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper dancerbbex
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Experienced User
missionary (him on top)
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I disagree. While certainly against a wall is definitely too difficult for a first time, doggy or "spooning" can be a very relaxing and shallow way to have sex.

Missionary removes all control from the girl, which is bad for a first-time couple, as she can't control speed, depth, or angle.

An important factor in first-time sex is comfort, mostly for the girl, since she's the one who has to be lubricated! As most couples snuggle in a spooning position and not in a missionary position, spooning offers a layer of familiarity and comfort, instead of the unfamiliar position with the man looming over the woman, trying to poke her Wink

.But the most important factor for any-time sex:

.u.s.e .a .c.o.n.d.o.m

I'm not going to lecture on your age. Just please, for the love of god, use a condom.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank Tylanas for this post: rockinrolla 

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Experienced User
i still say missionary..shes 15 years old, how kinky can you get?!

i dont know, i just think it is more confortable for the girl, and i like to see my boyfriends face when we do it, its more passionate Smile doggy style and spooing may be a more comfortable situation once you are comforable with your partner. i dont think its good for a first timer..and persoanlly, doggy style kind of reminds me of a one night stand
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It's far more gentle on the girl to do it spooning. And that's not kinky at all!! Just because missionary is the position accepted by the catholic church, doesn't make it the best lol.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Experienced User
best for first timers!! haha lets just let the girl decide. its her sex.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 11th, 2007
Ok so either him on top or doggy! Im still woriies ne tips or advice ? And yes i will use a condom dont quite fancy gettin pregnant now !
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Lauren19 wrote:
best for first timers!! haha lets just let the girl decide. its her sex.


True; but I didn't do it missionary my first time, I did it spooning. I was very comfortable and relaxed. It was like an extension of cuddling, instead of some totally new thing.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Experienced User
but back to what i was saying before, for your first time, it should be very loving and passionate..thats why u have sex in the first place right? so i prefer facing my boyfriend. haha why dont u try it both ways, whatever you like better, stick with it. my boyfriend and i switch all of the time.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Experiment. You can move around and try a few different positions. There is no one "best" position for the first time. Different people will recommend different things. Just try things and see what seems to work for you.

Don't worry about pleasing him. Sex is not all about him; it is about both of you. It isn't all about physical pleasure either. If he is your partner, he should like being close to you and spending time with you. If he gets angry at you for doing something that does not work for him, he's not worth your time to begin with. So I would not worry about it. All you can do is ask him what he likes or experiment. That's what we all have to do since not everyone likes the same thing. So even a very experienced person might have to ask or experiment when they get a new partner.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Lauren19 wrote:
but back to what i was saying before, for your first time, it should be very loving and passionate..thats why u have sex in the first place right?


That's not true for everyone. Love is not the reason that I have sex. Wink
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 11th, 2007
Well i hope it is for the passionate reason! Thankyou for all your tips ne more would b appractiated still though Very Happy
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Experienced User
it feels better when its for passionate reasons! like i said before, you dont want your first time to feel like a one night stand

do whatever you feel is comfortable for you! and dont let your guy pressure you into doing something you are not ready for.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Supporter
it is purely a personal thing. for me, i suppose for the most part i prefer positions that give the most intimacy. i find missionary and spooning really nice. but noone can say what is best for you. keeping communication open is the best thing you can do. ie; i like that, i dont like that, i want more control, i want you to take control, harder, gentler, etc.

to be honest if you have gone on the web searching for support forums because you are scared about having sex then you probably aren't ready anyway. you shouldn't be frightened. if you are then something is wrong.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
fiona05 wrote:

to be honest if you have gone on the web searching for stuff forums because you are scared about having sex then you probably aren't ready anyway. you stuff be frightened. if you are then something is wrong.


I agree completely. (Note that fiona is another victim or our word filters going wonky today. Laughing ) No one can tell you what is right or better for you. Only you will know what is right for you, and the only way to find that out is to experiment and communicate. If you are nervous, afraid, or have any doubts, you might not be ready to experiment yet, and that's ok. When you're ready, you'll be able to experiment with your partner rather than asking us for tips. I always say that asking strangers for tips rather than communicating with your partner is not a good sign. To me, it says that you are not fully comfortable with him or the situation.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Supporter
Llewellyn wrote:
fiona05 wrote:

to be honest if you have gone on the web searching for stuff forums because you are scared about having sex then you probably aren't ready anyway. you stuff be frightened. if you are then something is wrong.


I agree completely. (Note that fiona is another victim or our word filters going wonky today. Laughing )


oh for god's sake! obviously the moderators taken some drastic measures to stop people saying the word $hi7. Laughing
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 12th, 2007
well im new on this place but i figured i saw this and thoguht maybe i can help a lil.i myself am 21 now.but wne i was 15-16 i was the same way.i had a boyfriend who i was with for quite awhile.we fooled around and stuff but never got serious.we had thought about it but i was scared ot death.and wen i stopped and thoguth about it i realized it was because i wasnt ready.i was jsut gonna do it because i wanted to be with him and i thought hed leave me if i didnt so i didnt do it(not sayin this is how you are or how your situation is)and ya know wat.he left me nad so did the next 5 boyfriends i had but i wasnt ready and that was that.so please jsut make sure your ready for real.not jsut doing it for him.im not saying you are jsut be completely sure.


on to the point of your post though i found missionary and me on top to be best for me wen i finally was readyyears later however i was also with someone who was quite experienced so he knew wat he was doin and how to move and help me out and such.since you both are newbies at it he may not know exactly wat hes doing so jsut ask him to be gentle if hes not and such.and find wat works for you guys.if your not comfortable ask him to stop,move around and ask for wat you want or you wont get it


hope this helps in anyway
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 12th, 2007
I believe missionary gives the guy too much control. When i had sex for the first time i had him on top and he just tried to shove it in. I suggest you go on top. Just so you can control the speed that you feel comfortable in. After your sure that it no longer feels uncomfortable then experience other positions. Being it your first time, you must be real tight. Try havig him finger you just to open you up and get you ready for when he penetrates you.


USE A CONDOM!!!

And make sure your ready... don't do it just because he wants you to.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
Just go slow and take your time
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 12th, 2007
Experienced User
i probly already know... but what is spooning..?

and o yea... plz be careful
|
Did you find this post helpful?