Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Skipping Sugar Pills

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hi - I have heard that it is possible to "throw off" your period by skipping the sugar pills and continuing to take the actual birth control pills after finishing one pack. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and if they know of any side effects? I would only need to do this one month so it wouldn't be an every month event. Thanks for your help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 29th, 2004
Experienced User
Ur right it is possible to miss a period by skipping the sugar pills. Wot u do is when u finish the pill (just b4 u start the sugar pill) u go straight onto the next pack only start at the next birth control pill and continue as normal. There are some side affects such as u must not miss any pills during this time as this may cause ur period to come on prematurely therefore throwing ur whole cycle out of order. If this happens u have to wait for the next real period to start over again, also u must take it at the same time everyday so to maintain the hormone levels in ur system and u can only do it one month at a time.

So if u skip in february u must have ur next period u can only skip every second month at least thats wot I found. Other than that I dont know of any other side affects that may occur, I hope this helped and good luck.

From someone who cant wait to have a jellybean all of their own
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile