Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

egg-sized lump under armpit

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
my father in law was diagnosed with malignant melanoma a couple of weeks ago. he woke up one morning and had a goose egg-sized lump under his armpit. the lymphnode was removed and the diagnosis is mm. now, his upper arm is so pain sensitive that can barely stand his shirt touching it. the pain is needle-like and does not get better.
also, he fell last week and scraped his lower leg a little bit. however, from the knee to the tip of his toes, the leg is solid black and blue. could this severe reaction have anything to do with the mm? is delayed wound healing typical? he has not started treatment yet and i really cannot get any valid information out of him. he does not even know which stage mm he has! for some reason he either ignores the diagnosis or just does not listen to his doctor. his organs are fine and supposedly, they do not know where the cancer came from? can somebody give me some insight on what is going on and what to expect?
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 9th, 2008
your father in law
How is he doing now? Any more lumps?
|
Did you find this post helpful?