Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Pregnant: Husband Not Interested In Sex

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am currently 7 months pregnant and while my sex drive seems to have increased, my husband has no interest in sex at all. I have talked to him about this and he says he has no idea why he isnt interested in sex anymore. He says it might be because he knows the baby is there and it creeps him out and he is also afraid of hurting the baby. I think its because he doesn't find me attractive due to the way my body has changed and I am worried that when he sees me give birth it will gross him out and he will never want to have sex with me again! Is it normal for a man not to want sex with a pregnant woman? Has anyone else experienced this with their husband or boyfriend? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hahah girl i can relate so much you have no idea!!!

honestly i think it is so common for men to not want to have sex with us while pregnant... im 35 weeks pregnant and my husband (after lots and lots of tears from me) finally admitted it is hard for him to have sex with me because he thinks that baby knows whats going on. i think a lot of men have a very hard time dealing with it and i know how you feel about you think its because your unattracitve.. that is exactly how i felt.. well feel. mix in some hormones and youve got a lot of hurt feelings. just think you wont be pregnant for too much longer and then things will probably change.. i mean i dont think there is a real solution to this problem all i can tell you is that i know how you feel and i do think it is a normal thing.
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2009
In the same boat
I am unfortunatley in the same boat. I wish my husband would want to touch me because I really miss the intimacy. He's had low libido in the past but this has gotten worse since I have become pregnant (I am seven months now). I have heard some people say this is normal but I do have my fears that he a) no longer wants it from me because he is not attracted to me b) is getting it elsewhere from someone who is not pregnant. Who knows what is going on in his head?
|

replied March 27th, 2009
yeah i have the same thing going on. i'm 21 weeks, haven't gained much weight but body has changed a lot and my husband says he wants to have sex but when we do he acts all weird and totally uninterested. complete turn off. the last time we were in the middle of it he tries to cover me up with a blanket. said he thought i was cold! i don't understand what men are thinking
|

replied June 16th, 2009
I'm 23 weeks and my husband tells me that I don't feel
the same as I used to and I've have "loosened" up down there. Not only that, but I have found him emailing another woman for the past 6 months. I'm upset, lonely,
heartbroken and sick at my stomach all at once!
I don't know what to do or who to talk to for help?
|