Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Heat Rash Help

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Have you had it, and was it this severe?
Yes
No
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0
I just got heat rash, or prickly heat about 3 days ago, on onset i went to the doctor and he said it was heat rash, and to stay cool and dry, hard to do in SE TX. The next day I awoke and the rash has spread... It stretches from the back of my knee up to my groin on both sides, around my waist along my belt line, and then up both sides of my torso.... it then reaches into my armpits and up the inside of my a bit...... its horrible, its hard to stay asleep cuz i get hot and itchy... im pretty sure its prickly heat cuz i feel the pricklys when i get hot... and everyting ive read says it clears on its own in a few days.... but i think this is gonna last a little longer..... ive been trying not to wear a shirt when i can and even wearing just a towel around my waist to keep cool..... its funny looking, but i cant stand this... its far worse than the case of shingles that i had last year..... does anyone have any advice, because i havent put any powders or creams on b/c i read that can keep the pores closed and feed the rash... but ive also read conflicting views on that..... THANKS.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Cool baths can help with the rash a little. Aloe is also often given for any kind of rash or itch, but ask your doctor first.
|

replied July 4th, 2010
My battle w/ heat rash aka 'prickly heat'
I just picked up a batch of this heat rash on my neck, half my face and ear, both creases of the elbows and knees, and some on my inner thighs proximal to the knee. I've browsed a couple few sites and found these remedies that worked for me...not a bath guy but most of the sites insisted on a cool bath w/ some oats or baking soda...I just took a couple cool showers daily and dab before airing dry...used powder for the legs and picked up some Cortizone-10, anything similar will work, this had aloe sprinkled in and that's a bonus. Natural aloe works really well to speed up the healing process of dry skin and cools at the same time. Then I picked up some Benadryl (gels) and took two in my 4th day of this battle with the persistent rash. You see for the first 3 days, I hunkered down in front of a fan, miserable with powder all over then someone recommended Benadryl and wal-La, looks like this one is gonna complete the package. You do get drowsy from the Benadryl, so make sure you don't have anything to do for a 2 hr block...will update as necessary...good luck, its a pesky rash and itches tremendously, but put together a combination of topicals and pills and this should accelerate the process...heat rash will also heal on its own if you stay cool, but that's if you have 5-7 days that are expendable.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2011
The most common mistake with heat rash is the use of lotions or oils to relieve dryness. This only further clogs the skin. Aloe gel straight from the plant is 96% water and allows the skin to breath while fighting bacterial infection and reducing pain. Applied every few hours, Aloe addresses the causes of irritation in the deeper layers of the skin while fighting bacteria at the surface, decreasing the duration and severity of the rash. For instructions to use the fresh plant at home, check out: www.aloeplant.info/beat-prickly-heat-with- aloe/
|