Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Is Clomid Working???

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
Hi everyone!

I am now on day 4 of my first round of clomid. I have convinced myself that it isnt working because I am having no side effects at all. No hot flashes or mood swings, nothing. Any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I would say to count your lucky stars! Hopefully you won't get any side effects.
|

replied June 11th, 2007
Experienced User
I agree with mc but keep us updated on how it goes.
|

replied June 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well I certainly wouldn't want to have those symptoms either. Hopefully they don't happen to you and you will just be lucky.

I can't remember - do you chart your temps or use opk? Just curious
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Experienced User
Thanks everyone. I know, I dont want the symptoms, but I am that girl that almost needs them to believe the meds are working. Pretty wacko, huh?

I have only used opks once, and will again this month. The first month i got positives everyday! Doc said I need a negative before and after a positive to know for sure if I have ovulated. I don't temp, i have tried, but they said I may not get any differences because of the anti-rejection meds.

Today is my last day of clomid! I actually think my mood is better than usual. Dont know if it is from the meds or just excited to possibly o this month.

Cant wait to see a bunch of bfps from all of you. (and me too!)
|

replied June 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
MrsLtd wrote:
Thanks everyone. I know, I dont want the symptoms, but I am that girl that almost needs them to believe the meds are working. Pretty wacko, huh?

I have only used opks once, and will again this month. The first month i got positives everyday! Doc said I need a negative before and after a positive to know for sure if I have ovulated. I don't temp, i have tried, but they said I may not get any differences because of the anti-rejection meds.

Today is my last day of clomid! I actually think my mood is better than usual. Dont know if it is from the meds or just excited to possibly o this month.

I would be the same way now that you put it that way. I would probably think it wasn't working either. Is the clomid supposed to help you to o right? Does it help regulate your cycle?

Also, what is anti-rejection meds you are refering to?
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
*star* wrote:
MrsLtd wrote:

I would be the same way now that you put it that way. I would probably think it wasn't working either. Is the clomid supposed to help you to o right? Does it help regulate your cycle?

Also, what is anti-rejection meds you are refering to?

Yes, clomid is given to people to help with ovulation. It also helps regulate the luteal phase of your cycle. SO, from what doc says my periods should be more regular, shorter (mine are now 35+, should go down to 2Cool and I should ovulate right around cd 14.

I take anti-rejection meds because I had a kidney transplant in 2002.
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Is Is Working???
MrsLtd wrote:
Hi everyone!

I am now on day 4 of my first round of clomid. I have convinced myself that it isnt working because I am having no side effects at all. No hot flashes or mood swings, nothing. Any advice?

Hi MrsLtd
I just finished my 3rd round of Clomid 100mg cd3-7
I don't get any of the side effects either and I was concerned like you...I thought it wasn't working...but it is, as I went for an ultrasound last friday and it showed that I ovulated...too early (cd 10) and I missed it, but I ovulated.
I actually feel more normal on clomid than I do without it. It stopped the spotting that I used to get from cd20-AF. No more sore bbs at all. I actually get cm now...haven't had it for 6 years. And no PMS mood swings.
We are going to try one more round of clomid and iui. If that doesn't work...it's off to injectables. I really hope we don't have to go that far.
Good luck!!
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
DPrssd wrote:
MrsLtd wrote:
Hi everyone!

Hi MrsLtd
I just finished my 3rd round of Clomid 100mg cd3-7
I don't get any of the side effects either and I was concerned like you...I thought it wasn't working...but it is, as I went for an ultrasound last friday and it showed that I ovulated...too early (cd 10) and I missed it, but I ovulated.
I actually feel more normal on clomid than I do without it. It stopped the spotting that I used to get from cd20-AF. No more sore bbs at all. I actually get cm now...haven't had it for 6 years. And no PMS mood swings.
We are going to try one more round of clomid and iui. If that doesn't work...it's off to injectables. I really hope we don't have to go that far.
Good luck!!

Oh, that makes me feel soooo much better. I am the same way, I feel better, maybe its excitement, or just in my head, but even my husband has commented on me seeming happier. Who knows.

My doctor told me to start opks on cd 12. Now you have me worried, what if I ovulate before then. DO you think I should start earlier to be on the safe side?

Thanks so much for the info, hope this is your lucky round.
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
[quote="MrsLtd"][quote="DPrssd"]
MrsLtd wrote:

My doctor told me to start opks on cd 12. Now you have me worried, what if I ovulate before then. DO you think I should start earlier to be on the safe side?

You know what...every cycle except for this one I started opks on cd10. I normally o around cd14-16...so I thought I had plenty of time. I started opks on cd 12 this cycle and my temps were going so high...that's why I went for an u/s. I had already o'd on cd10 according to FF. So my advice is to start opks on cd 10 to be on the safe side....because it can be pretty depressing when you miss the date. We were supposed to go for an iui. We bd'd on cd 8 and cd11...so you never know...but chances are slim.

Good luck this cycle! I hope you get your bfp.
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2007
The clear blue starts on like day 9....once it learns your cycle it moves up a little...but until it knows it starts early......it's a couple more sticks to pay for but worth not missing it!
|

replied July 12th, 2010
I have had my kidney transplant 10 years ago june 26th. I had my first son. 3 .5 years ago. started trying for baby #2 two years ago. still no luck.. I know that I am very lucky to have one. but I really want my son to have a brother or sister.. I want to start taking clomid. but don't know what it would do to my kidney.. very interested in knowing how it works for you
|
Quick Reply