Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Is abdominal pain caused by sex or masturbation ? Dark urine

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
I have been having alot of abdomen pain. right side from my bottom rib down to right groin. It seems to be related to when I masterbate or have intercourse. The pain last for a couple days afterwards and I also have noticed that my urine is very dark golden/yellow afterwards. I also have pain in back at the same location as the pain in the front. I was wondering if it is possible the when masterbating it maybe pulls my urter and kidney? Which is what it feels like. I had an MRI which showed nothing but the cysts. Also had cbc blood work and urine test. All tests came back negative

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2007
Sexual Health - Men Answer A2941
It doesn’t seem likely that masturbation or sex can cause such abdominal pain. Masturbation usually can't pull on the ureters or the kidneys. Likewise, neither van liver or kidney cysts cause abdominal pain. Therefore the cysts can’t explain the abdominal pain you describe...unless they are complicated with infection or rupture. You can consult an internist (internal medicine specialist) for an expert opinion and advice.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.