Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Uneven Chest

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Hi guys,

Quick question for the experts: I'm a pretty thin, 22-year old male (6'2", 137 pounds), and since I became a teenager many years ago, I've had an uneven chest. The left side of my chest (over my heart) sticks out a wee-tad more than the right side. I've had it looked at once before, and was told the condition was not unusual in thin & tall males, and that it posed no medical risk condition, save for cosmetically (though no one notices unless I point it out or let 'em feel it). Be nice to have a more in-depth explantion though, as to what causes the deformity. Does anyone have any more details?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper DanV83087
|

replied April 6th, 2011
Hey I have the same condition but it sticks out on the right side.. Im a 23 yr old male about 5'11" 160lbs. The only advice I have is DO NOT go through with the surgery like I did once I started noticing it at 15 or so.. I have the most ugly scar across my chest it almost looks like the the VA in the Sony Vaio emblem. It makes me self concious to take my shirt off and still to this day my chest is still as uneven as it was before the surgery, if not more.
|

replied October 9th, 2011
Hello, my son, who is 23, has the same situation going on. He has had it checked twice by doctors and they don't know what it is, but don't seem concerned either. He did have an xray of the area the other day and it showed nothing. As a mother of course I'm totally concerned. Do you know why this happens? I read another post about how it shows up on thin males. My son is very thin. Any information will help. Thanks for your post. Sue.
|