Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

5 1/2 Weeks Pregnant With Cramps

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi Everybody! I am 5 1/2 weeks pregnant with mild cramps in my lower abdominal area. I have no bleeding. The cramps are not severe all the time but occasionally have been. They are pretty consistent too. Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Mabel
|

replied June 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
No suggestions. Just wanted to tell you this is normal and common in early pregnancy. Kind of feels like period cramps, huh? Normal. It goes away, to be replaced with other various aches and pains.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
|

replied June 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I had cramps all through my first trimester. I still get a lot of aches and pains in my abdominal area now, and I am nearly 30 weeks. There is nothing to be concerned about unless they are unbearably painful or accompanied by bleeding. Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!
|

replied June 8th, 2007
Thank you so much for comments. I am sure I am just over reacting. I will keep everybody posted. We are so excited about having a baby. Thanks again!!!
|

replied June 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
it's probably gas. sounds stupid, but now that you're pregnant, you seem to feel *every little* pinch and pain down there! And, of course, panic!

I totally know where you're coming from! I'm sure many ladies remember my panic with my 1st child. I *swore* I was miscarrying. Turns out, it was just a severe case of the sh!ts!!! lmao!!!!

I'm sure all is well! *But* if you experience any bleefing, contact your Dr. asap! Wink

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Experienced User
I jumped everytime I got a belly ache or cramps in the begining
but you kinda get used to it unless the pain is unbareable.
I was told during my experiences that it was common and like said before most likely gas. LOL get used to it.
I'm sure all is well.
Congrats to you and yours. =]
|

replied June 25th, 2007
5 And 1/2 Weeks
Hi!
I'm also 5 adn 1/2 weeks and am having cramping but no bleeding. It has awaken me from sleep at night but has gone away. I also feel bloated and get very nervous about the cramping. It's a relief to hear all of your responses. I have my first Dr. visit tomorrow and I hope all is well!
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
During the first trimester your uterus is already starting to strecth and this can cause slight period pain like cramping, dont panic it is totally normal and very common!! Smile

amzi0208 - during this pregnancy I was incredibly bloated for the whole of the 1st 12 weeks and it was terrible!! I'd like to give you some advice but I never found a way to get rid of it! lol
|

replied June 26th, 2007
Experienced User
i had this too, was calling my midwife asking if it was normal... it was quite painfull
|

replied June 26th, 2007
Hi I'm 5 weeks 5 days, I just found out yesterday. I had the worst nights sleep ever last night, my back was so sore and my stomach was cramping but I think it was wind Embarassed
|

replied May 26th, 2009
Scared Too
Hi there, I am 5 weeks pregnant and cramping. I lost a baby at 7 weeks last year so I'm freaking out. I don't want to go to my Dr.'s until I'm about 7 weeks because last time I went at 5 weeks, there was no heart beat, he said it was early. It almost feels like I have to pee too. Any words of wisdom?
|

replied May 29th, 2009
I also miscarried with my first baby. I am now on my second and I am 30 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. During my first trimester I was completely paranoid and freaked over every twinge and cramp. Unfortunately, with the first trimester comes a ton of crampiness and stretching pains. The best thing you can do is relax and take care of yourself. Congrats on your pregnancy!
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Pregnant and scared
Hi there I am in my 5 week and experiecing cramping off and on. I had ivf and it had been a nerve recking time waiting for every step to find out if all is well. Tomorrow I have my first ultrasound and and I am nervous. This is my first child and I am 40yrs old so I am sure you can understand my dilemma. I pray evertday and try to comfort myself with positive stories that relate to my situation and ignore the negatives....but it hard. My prays go out to all the women out there that are trying like myself to have a miracle in their life by having a baby.
|

replied August 20th, 2009
6 weeks pregnant
hi im 6 weeks pregnant first time i has hurt pain crampin lower urine pinich in lastnite has 2 days blood today stop brown discharge,im go to hospital blood test and ultasound hope my baby is perfect embyo,afraid not be miccaragges
|

replied August 20th, 2009
i had that too and it is the mussels growing as the baby grows its totally normal dont worry
|

replied December 13th, 2009
5 1/2 wks pregnant with cramps
I'm 5 1/2 weeks pregnant with my 3rd pregnancy and I have never felt cramps like this....ever. I have 3 boys and they were all very easy as far as pain goes. I'm wondering if it's true that girls are harder to carry since this time I'm having constant cramping (like menstral cramps) that never go away. Have anmy of you have both boys and girls and noticed this kind of difference? I asked the midwife about it and she said not to worry, it's normal. Well, it's not normal for me to feel like crap when I'm pregnant~I'm the happy go luck prego woman so I don't know what to think about this. Any advice/info would help.
|

replied May 17th, 2010
5 and a half weeks and cramping
Hello, every one I am 5 and a half weeks pregnant and this is my fith pregnacy I lost a baby at 7and a half weeks in Feb.2010 and we just found out that we are pregnant again but I do have 3 beautiful healthy children. This pregnacy is the only one that has given me so many aches and pains and I have had 2 girls and one boy. The only good part is that everytime I read into things I hear many women say that it is very normal to go through this and most of the time the stomach pain turns out to be gas or I have to have a BM..lol..God bless you all congrats and good luck!!
|

replied May 25th, 2010
5 1/2 weeks
Thanks to all of you! I feel better when I read these. I am 5 1/2 weeks and I am so nervous! I'm also 39 years old. I miscarried last August 09 and I praying everything is ok I have the sore boobs and nausea at 5pm the last few days and I dont remember having symptoms like these when I miscarried. I go to the doctor on the 4th and get an ultrasound. Please keep me in mind. Thanks!!
|

replied June 1st, 2010
Hi, reading this has made me feel a bit less stressed. I'm 4.5 weeks and have very sore breasts but only very mild occasional nausea so far. But do also have mild cramping which is scaring me. I had a missed miscarriage in January 2010, went for a scan due to a tiny bit of spotting at 9 weeks only to find the baby died at 7 weeks and 5 days. The most devastating thing I've ever had to deal with and I'm terrified I'll miscarry again. I'm 42 and have various health issues that could cause miscarriage and just want to get to see a midwife and have an early scan as soon as poss to check everythings ok but earliest appointment is at 10 weeks! I'm pulling my hair out!
|

replied October 25th, 2012
hey everyone, i went to my first ultrasound & they told me i was 5 1/2 weeks pregnant... they seen the sack but no the baby, it kinda scares me, i am thinking it was just to little to see ! whats you girls opinions. please pray for me !
|