Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Weight Problem.... Cannot Gain Weight No Matter What I Eat .

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
A few years ago I went from about 165 to 150 pounds. Now I am stay between 143 and 147 pounds, most of the time 143, height 5' 8" or 9". I am always eating bread, cakes and pies (no candy bars). I just can't seen to gain any weight.

It appears that my metabolism eats up all the calories. I really feel too skinney and I wear thin long sleeve shorts in the summer when I go out.

I am 60 years old and I smoke ultra light cigarettes, been smoking since I was 18, I do not drink at all, only addictive to diet Pepsi (2 liters a day) because my mouth stays dry.

Does anyone have any answers to this. . . . Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 10th, 2007
Try eating more protein and complex carbs. You certainly have a fast metabolismand that will burn the calories away but that does not mean that you are unhealthy. If you cannot eat a lot because you get full you can always try a protein shake twice a day. Protein will help your body put on healthy weight in muscle mass and make you feel better all day because it is burning more useful fuel. Give it a try for a while.
|
Did you find this post helpful?