Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Strange Hunger Problem

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
this just really started the past few days...and it only seems to happen at dinner time, sometimes breakfast, and never lunch. What happens is about 10 minutes after i eat i start to feel pretty hungry again no matter what i have eaten for dinner the thing is also, i have no like real apetite to eat anything....while this is going on, i start to get really gassy in my stomach and start to burp quite a bit....every time i let a burp out, big or small, my hunger feeling will go away then come back in a few seconds....it also seems like when i dont think about it, it tends to go away...but i didnt think of anything like this in the first place so i dont understand how it could have been all in my head. if anyone knows a cure or what the problem could be, that would be great.

P.S.

Some people have told me that this could be beacause of a "silent" acid reflux type of thing...any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 6th, 2007
The only way to tell for sure what this is would be to go to your doctor and have some tests done. We can all speculate as to what the problem is, but because of the nature of your problem, our guess is about as good as yours.

I highly suggest that you get in touch with your doctor and get this checked out, just to make sure its nothing too serious, and to hopefully, put an end to the unpleasant experiances you've described.

Regards,
|

replied June 6th, 2007
well i took my blood sugar becuase i know that can be a symptom of diabetes, and it was 83...which is pretty good....then i put myself to a test and drank a can of regular coke and ate 2 reeses peanut butter cups, sugar hit 138 and about a half hour after that it was back down to 97, then down to 88 about 15 minutes after that.....also, i took some pepcid complete, and it seemed to help the problem.

could this also be from a lack of variety in a diet? i do seem to eat more carbs that proteins...

maybe its just one of those phase things and im over reacting, who knows.
|