Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

Asymmetrical development disorder ? Legs and torso growth un

Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
User Profile
Hi, I'm 18 years of age. I'm 5"8 but most people that are shorter than me have longer legs than me, and on the net I've found information about possible diabetes, kidney problems? I'm just wondering if someone could tell me some possible causes for this. I also think I am losing hair. Is there any related causes that could cause both of these problems? I've been thinking that it could have been the steroids in the puffers that I took when I was young that could've interfered with my growth but I don't know. But it'd be nice if someone could answer to this, thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2007
Diabetes Answer A2898
It seems likely that neither you nor people shorter than you have any problems with body growth. If you are not satisfied with your body's appearance, it doesn’t mean that you have a physical asymmetrical development disorder. Additionally, neither diabetes, kidney problems nor inhalator steroids can cause such asymmetric growth disorder.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.