Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Pelvic Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I recently stopped taking the birth control pill two weeks ago. Last week I started feeling a pinching in my lower abdomen and it has been getting progressively worse. In the last few days I have a shooting pain in my lower right pelvic region. I am about the time I should be ovulating but I have never experienced this pain before. I am wondering if this is my body adjusting to not taking the pill or a serious matter.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
This very well could be your body readjusting or could be some other form of something. When was the last time you had pelvic exam? Could be an ovarian cyst, which usually take care of themselves. If the pain persist, call you OBGYN and talk to them. Best to be safe than sorry! GOod luck!
|

User Profile
replied June 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Some people do feel pain when they ovulate, but it shouldn't be severe pain. If it feels like period cramps than I wouldn't worry, but if you think it is worse or in a different area, I would go in and get checked out. Especially if it gets worse or doesn't go away.
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
I've been having the same exact pelvic pain! I stopped taking the pill about 6 months ago and just recently started having shooting pains in my left pelvic area/upper thigh for the past 2 months. The pain ranges from severe to cramp-like, but goes away the week I have my period. I had a pelvic ultrasound done and the results were 100% clear...no cysts or anything. My doctor thought it might have been ovarian cysts but since that's been ruled out, I have no idea what's causing the pain. My guess is that it has to be post birth control related then...
|