Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

6 Weeks Pregnant And Lower Abdomen Pains

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 6 weeks pregnant. I had a misscarriage in March and feel like the luckiest girl in the world getting another chance. Every little thing is an issue to me now. Eating, sleeping, walking to much.
At the moment I am experiencing shooting pains in my lower abdomen . Is this harming my baby in anyway? What should I do? Please please please help!!!! Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile babyAndy
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Experienced User
I dont really have an answer to your questions, but I am 5 weeks pregnant, and I get the odd pain in my lower abdomen, kind of like ovulation pain or twinges, and I have been told that is normal.
If you are concerned I would go see a doctor just to be safe.
|

replied June 6th, 2007
When you say that you are having shooting pains does it mean that the pain comes and goes? Or is it more of a cramping pain that increases and decreases?
|

replied May 5th, 2008
7 Weeks Pregnant And Lower Abdomen Pains
This is my third time being pregnant, but im concern, because I sometimes feel pain in my lower abdomen, though its not that painful but i feel so worried with this feeling. Im scared that this might hurt my baby or something, I was hospitalized and diagnosed for PIV and have a cyst on my right ovary, but i think everything was ok, since I was medicated with antibiotics. During this time, I have yellow discharges, and smell quite different, im scared that I have infection again, im too prone for this. I work as a technical support representative, my schedule is not normal, i believe stress is the culprit of my infection and Im worried that this will affect my baby, Im 7 weeks pregnant already...can anybody give any advice...Thanks!
|

replied May 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
the pain is most likely your body stretching for the baby.
my doctor and sister inlaw who is a nurse, both told me that as long as there is no bleeding with the pain[cramping/period like pain]everything is fine.
But if you think its something to worry about you should see your doctor just to be sure.
babylovely-if you think you have an infection, i dont think it could be from the antibiotics, because they are safe to take during pregnancy.
You might have a bladder infection, and it can be treated with antibiotics too, i had one early in my pregnancy, and made sure things would be ok. The doctor told me, that the baby wil be fine as long as its getting treated with antibiotics now, and said that if it weren't treated, it could result in early labour.
Ask to have an appointment with your doctor.
|

replied May 6th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Bladder infection does not cause yellow discharge!

Babylovely, you need to go see your doctor and get an official diagnosis for whatever infection you may have. The pains you are having can be comepletely normal for 7 weeks pregnant. You may not have felt them in previous pregnancies but it isn't harmful.
|

replied May 22nd, 2010
im bout 6weeks pregnt and i misscarried in nov but bin havn really bad period and really secrd cuse i think it culd be happin to me again but i gt a scan on thursday cuse thr was ownly a sack thy got to see if thrs a hart beat does any1 have any seggtions x
|

replied May 22nd, 2010
preg,infection,bleeding
i am somewhere between 4 to 6 weeks pregnant myself and have the worst urinary infection of my life. i saw the gp today as it caused some minor bleeding and really bad period type cramps for the first few hours of my day. i will be having a scan in 2 days time to see whats what with my pregnancy but i am really concerned in case something might not be. any one else had anything similar?
|

replied July 28th, 2010
i am about 5 weeks pregnant and i miscarried 3 months ago i have been getting really bad back pain and a few pains in my pelvic area, no bleeding as yet but i dont know if i am being over dramatic because i miscarried not long ago.. is it normal?
|