Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Baby Names Forum

What Do You Think

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
What do you guys think of the name Mikaeja for a girl?? the J is silent.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
so it'd be like 'ma-kay-uh"

it's different, i actually like it! it's different but not "too" different Laughing
|

replied June 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
so it'd be like 'ma-kay-uh"

if that's how it's pronounced, i do like it.

unfortunately she'd be correcting people on how to pronounce it and how to spell it her whole life.

babyandy, your avatar pic creeps me out!
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Experienced User
haha thanks guys. I told my dh we shoudl spell it differently, like Mikaya, to make it easier...and he didnt seem to care that she would have a hard time...arghh. He obviously doesnt know what its like to have a difficult name and have to correct people all the time.
I definately think its sounds pretty and unique...
hehe thepic caught my attn too...hehe
|

replied June 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think you should spell it a different way, but I really love the name. Spelling can make all the difference. My name is .Tiesha (pronounced T sha), but it has really been butchered over the years. I have been called everything from .Tisha to .Ty eesha. It really drives me crazy. If my parents would have just put the e before the i, maybe it wouldn't be quite so bad......
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Thank you, i will show this post to my dh...our baby will be half filipino...so having names with silent j's is very common for him...but not for his other half.
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
my names not even hard and people still mess it up! i wear a name tag at work with my spelling "terra" on it, on my checks and on the schedules it says "tera" which looks really weird to me, and everyone says that its spelled so weird.. i think it looks correct this way lol
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Experienced User
haha...oh my!
|

replied June 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I like the name, not the spelling.
|