Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

New Orleans Is...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
officially the mur l)er capitol of the country!!!
Rolling Eyes Confused Sad

What a great place to raise a family, eh?

Sarah
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hahah but think of all the awesome food lol
for me it would make it worth it Smile
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yea...it's not that awesome to me anymore. It's normal. Nothing special.

I wouldn't leave *just* because of the food though! lol...I'd die without my food!

Now that it's summer time, the rate or mur l)ers will sky rocket.

There was a shooting about 3 blocks away from us. About a month ago.

They're have been soooo many shootings lately. We hear sirens allll day long. sucks.

Then to top it off, hurricane season just started and we've already had 2.

Ok, I'm off ot pick .baron up!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ewwww, that's not good.

Not to brag but I live the city .Forbes magazine rated #2 to live in the states. I hate that we are moving away from it at the end of the month.
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
New .Orleans is *never* listed in "the best cities for children" articles.

sucks.

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
New .Orleans has so much heritage though. I would love to visit there one day. I think that I have driven through it when I was younger.
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I love my heritage. And wouldn't want to raise .oni anywhere else!

Just pray for us this hurricane season. Florida too!<-- they need the rain though...we def don't!!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
We do need the rain. The one that just came through didn't even touch out fire warning. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, we have a special .f.b.i unit coming in next month to help with our "violence issues".Our murder rate has increases so much. Its awful. I can't wait to get the hell out of here! This is no place for children.
|

replied June 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:
I love my heritage. And wouldn't want to raise .oni anywhere else!

Just pray for us this hurricane season. Florida too!<-- they need the rain though...we def don't!!!

Sarah
you know it girl! we got some rain from the tropical storm but only like 2 days worth.We need a whole month of rain to even be in the safe zone. . .

I wouldn't want to raise my children where there are shootings.You know sarah,no matter where you go,your heritage goes with you.you can still teach them all about it and about the culture but without living in fear! I mean,couldn't you move to a safer part of .La?
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Pittsburgh is considered a good place to raise children but I don't like it because there's no diversity. I think that I'd be scared to raise chu mac dubh in new orleans. i've heard too many horror stories.
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Community Volunteer
ya even Mtl is getting to be a little scary now. and we have anti-gun laws!! I love this city but if it gets any worse, Trey will be raised somewhere else.
|

replied June 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I guess we're pretty lucky. I don't know what we're rated, but it's very unusual for a murder to happen here.
|

replied June 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
shoot... CNN said yesterday that Orlando is the 3rd most violent/dangerous place to live in the USA.

sad, really. :'(
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
rainfire1424 wrote:
shoot... CNN said yesterday that Orlando is the 3rd most violent/dangerous place to live in the USA.

sad, really. :'(

Yup, and we're steadily climbing. That why they're sending in a special unit. Personally, I think its only going to make things worse. Seriously, my kids will not be raised here. If they are, they might turn out worse then me Shocked not a happy feeling.
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i dont like hearing these things about florida!!!!!! lol
|

replied June 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
i dont like hearing these things about florida!!!!!! lol
it's not *all* of florida! lol
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lol well orlando!
|

replied June 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
We've haid military enforcement here for the past year. Since .katrina.

HOnestly, I don't live in fear. If you're scared, then you're prey. And I'm far from prey.

Even with the military enforcement, our murder rate has trippled. So, you can't win for losin!

K...I miss youuuuuuuuuuuu!!! I'm having withdrawls!!!!!!!!!

Sarah
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply