Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Oral Sex: Not Feeling Fresh?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
im wondering if other women feel the way i do. I enjoy when my bf goes down on me, but a lot of the times i stop him because im scared about after being out all day and it being 7-8 hours since i last showered my vagina not being in teh best "condition" that it could.
Is anyone else get paranoid about this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Ahhh.yes!!
I really haven't met a woman or man that hasn't felt that way. I will tell my partner when we start to kiss and get into it that I need to take a shower. usually I'll say something whitty like, do you wanna take one with me, so it doesn't seem to kill the mood. Now, my husband and I are on a good enough understanding that if he starts to kiss my belly and I pull his head up, it's because I'm not comfortable with him going down. Sometimes, I'm over paronoid and he'll go down anyway. Not to be so bold but as they work their way down, they know if all is a go down there. But, I know exactly what you are talking about.
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Experienced User
Yes, but I feel self-consious about it when it's the morning and we haven't gotten out of bed yet.... so it has been 24 hours since my last shower.

I feel a little self-consious that I might not be the freshest, but my husband .L.O.V.E.S giving oral so his little moans of delight remind me that I have nothing to be self-consious about.

If you want to freshen up before bed, you could keep a package of baby wipes in your bathroom or purse. They're also handy afterwards!
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Experienced User
I just feel weird, and basically i have done the same thing with my bf, by pulling him back up and kissing him. as for the shower thing, it kinda stinks because my bf lives with his brother and his bathroom is right by his brothers bedroom LOL. and its hard to keep tabs because its not like we have sex everyday so i guess i can be proactive and maybe just wash up a bit before hand. that should work. it just sucks because i dont want to kill the mood, i mean in all reality i guess its not a HUGE deal because i prefer sex over oral anyways. LOL
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Experienced User
the baby wipes are a great idea. I never thought about it. I always have to hunt for a towel after sex to clean up. that sometimes is a hassel because my bf lives in the basement and the bathroom is up stairs!
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Anne123 wrote:

If you want to freshen up before bed, you could keep a package of baby wipes in your bathroom or purse. They're also handy afterwards!

"Always" makes a freshing wipe, in tropical scents!! they come in individual wraps too so, sometimes I freshen up before I know I'm about to see him. Like before I go home from work.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
I buy the feminine wipes from "always" I love them and always keep me feeling fresh. Just use one before you see your man if there isn't time to shower.
|

replied June 5th, 2007
I know exactly what your talking about. But to be completely honest with you most of the time it is all in your mind that your not fresh. I know i've found myself doing that but my boyfriend always tells me i worry too much.

The baby wipes are the best way to keep fresh. I know i buy the big packs and always put some in my purse before leaving. I also buy the special feminine wash to clean up my "area" real good. That way i can be extra certain that it won't be too bad by the end of the day.
|

User Profile
replied June 7th, 2007
Supporter
i would agree with the baby wipes idea. i have found myself using them at times when it is not appropriate to have a shower and i may be receiving an oral treat Smile they make me feel more confident. however, i would suggest that you try to keep away from the scented wipes and just use unperfumed ones. if your boyfriend likes to go down on you, then i'm sure a lot of what he likes is your natural smell and taste - dont spoil it for him! even though perfumed wipes may smell nice, i assure you they don't *taste* nice!
|

replied November 6th, 2011
best baby wipes for pre and post sex are bum boosa wipes. food grade preservatives that are safe. check them out.
|