Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Grapefruit Juice

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
i heard that grapefruit juice was good to drink if you were trying to get your body to o. has anyone ever heard of this or tried it? after getting off bc it is taking my body a while to get back to normal. i am very willing to try it.. just wondering if anyone else ever heard of it before.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I've never heard of that one. Are you supposed to just drink it all the time?
I probably would give it a shot, what harm can it do? If the juice is bitter you can always put a little sweetener in there.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Grapefruit Juice
girlfromdasticks wrote:
i heard that grapefruit juice was good to drink if you were trying to get your body to o. has anyone ever heard of this or tried it? after getting off bc it is taking my body a while to get back to normal. i am very willing to try it.. just wondering if anyone else ever heard of it before.

I read that grapefruit helps nutralize the ph of your cm. Some women have hostile cm, and grapefruit just is supposed to normalize the acidity (but not induce ovulation)
cpr
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Grapefruit Juice
DPrssd wrote:

I read that grapefruit helps nutralize the ph of your cm. Some women have hostile cm, and grapefruit just is supposed to normalize the acidity (but not induce ovulation)
cpr

hmmm... that makes sence... i think come august I will have to try that one out. I don't like grapefruit all that much, but I think I can give it a try
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Experienced User
I also read that fresh pineapple has enzymes that help with implantation. How this is possible, I'm not sure...but there are so many wives-tales out there, you never know!

So...
Grapefruit juice cd1-ovulation.
Pineapple during your luteal phase.
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Experienced User
i read it online. i just get on here and google all sorts of things for fertility and o'ing and such. i just ran across this this morning and have heard of it before. ya i am willing to give it a shot. i guess from what i can tell you just drink a glass of it a day. i like red grapefruits but never been a fan of the juice by itself. it is so intresting what you can find that you've never heard of. of course every womans body is different.
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Good luck Ladies. Hope the juice helps to bring you a BFP.

********Baby Dust*************
|