Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Need An Advice Concerning Food Allergies And Hypoglycemia

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
Hi there, I'm new to the forum and I need an advice Confused

I'm on the hypoglycemia diet for about a year and my carb tolerance hasn't changed a lot, still can't tolerate any "heavy" carbs even in very small amounts like potatoes, oatmeal, buckwheat, millet... even carrots cause some problems!
I eat many other vegetables like green and yellow beans, peppers, broccoli, salad-type vegetables and etc.... but heavier carbs I just can't eat, when should I be able to eat them?.......
Now the problematic part....... Some of you might know that there are hypoglycemics with food allergies and sensitivities... well, I'm one of them.......... I CAN'T eat dairy products (including goat's) nuts, fish, soy and eggs.... all the protein choices except for different kinds of meats....... So I eat meat many times during the day and I don't know if it's so good...
Any suggestion about protein choices?
I've become an underweight because of this restrictive diet and I'm a little worried...
Please advise me. Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Increase fat intake a little and your weight should stabalize, olive oil is very good for this. Carrots aren't very good for you, as they are a root vegetable. It's tough to say when you will be able to eat such things, the best thing to do if you want to try adding some is try oats first, and eat, seriously, one single grain of it to see what happens, adding by the week if necessary until you can achieve a good level. I need to know though, have you actually been tested for any allergies or do you simply think you have them?
|

replied June 6th, 2007
Hi Stan
Well, concerning allergies, I don't "think" I have them, as well I haven't been tested for them.
I just know how they make me feel- dairy products, no matter which type, make me feel bloated, eggs make me exteremly nervous, when I eat soy I crave it intensely and then I feel a drop in my bs... all the symptoms are just there. the same goes for fish and nuts.

Any advice?
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2007
Community Volunteer
My advice is to be tested for these things before ruling them out, your body may just be having trouble digesting them until you get your sugar stabalized. I had the same probem with milk and such as well but just said screw it and ate it and eventually the symptoms went away. I meant 'think' you had it as in you were basing it on what you felt but were never tested. Don't do that, get tested to be certain, otherwise you may be avoiding foods that can help you.
|