Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Burning Sensation On the Left Side At Or Below Rib

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
Hi all, I get a weird burning sensation on my left rib area maybe 1 or 2 ribs before you get to the colon area just about everyday. The burning sensation feels like someone is putting a hot rod iron on a muscle/rib or underneth it, can't put a exact position on it and it doesn't hurt just feels weird. I can't tell if its around the colon area but the sensation will start on the middle left side and rush to the front lower left side in a quick fashion and will last 5 seconds max. Its been going on for some time, maybe 6 months and comes and goes when it pleases. One my my friends has mentioned maybe arthritis, but how can you have arthritis in that area? Could be colon related? I'm 30 and in pretty good shape, sorry if this is not in the right forum, thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jladytiger1979
|

replied June 6th, 2007
Anybody?
|

replied October 29th, 2009
I've had the same type of situation and I have been through a miriad of tests. I've had diagnosis of everything from Colitis, to IBS, to slow emptying stomach, gastritis, fybromyalgia...I've also been told its all in my head. I wouldn't have put myself through all these horrible tests if that was the case!! I need help too!!
|

replied April 9th, 2010
do i have colon cancer
I has being having this horrible burning sensation just after i eat everyday, on my left side below the rig cage, am only 19, i don''t no what is wrong with me, my Bowell hobbit also change, if i miss a meal i become very gassy, my stomach always feel full, the pain don''t hurt it just burn,i also vomit at time, the doctor said it all in my head but i know there is more, am going to do a barium enema test next week
|

replied May 30th, 2012
I am having this problem too!! did anyone figure out what it is??
|

replied June 24th, 2012
i got same thing doctor gave me some anti acids for blotted stomach pain under rib im not sure about why that is i got sore intestines doctor said, which happened after some bad eggs i ate
|

replied June 24th, 2012
i got same thing doctor gave me some anti acids for blotted stomach pain under rib im not sure about why that is i got sore intestines doctor said, which happened after some bad eggs i ate
|

replied August 13th, 2012
I have the same thing, been going on for a while. Haven't had any test done yet. My Dr. originally told me it was IBS, but I am not buying that. She is now treating me for gastic ulcer, starting famotadine (sp) tomorrow for 4 weeks to see if that helps. If not then on to EDG? Just want to feel better. Makes my anxiety through the roof and can't sleep. grrrr
|

I have the same thing, been going on for a while. Haven't had any test done yet. My Dr. originally told me it was IBS, but I am not buying that. She is now treating me for gastic ulcer, starting famotadine (sp) tomorrow for 4 weeks to see if that helps. If not then on to EDG? Just want to feel better. Makes my anxiety through the roof and can't sleep. grrrr
|

|

replied April 30th, 2013
It's GERD...
It is GERD. I have had this for years; since I was in high school. Taking an antacid will probably not help. It has to be an acid reducer like prevacid, prilosec, or other prescription.
|

replied May 26th, 2013
sounds like gall stones, or inflammation. Drs will always palm you off with "it's all in your head". They said this for 10 years until I got a diagnosis of Crohn's disease.
It's a hard slog. Keep going with pushing them.
|

replied September 21st, 2013
I having the same problem, burning a pressure feeling on my left side. I had an upper GI scan and a CAT scan. No dr can tell me what's wrong other than IBS and it's in my head. I been sick for 3months. I noticed today that my Starbucks coffee trigger than pain today. I'm going to get an allergy test done next. I know what I feel is not in my head
|