Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Weird Clitoral Discomfort (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
So I just noticed this yesterday morning... When I begin to pee, it feels fine. But then towards the end of emptying out my bladder, I get great, great discomfort near and on my clitoris. But after I'm done peeing, I feel fine. Its not a UTI because it doesn't burn when I pee. Plus, I took an at home UTI test and it said that I didn't have one...

Any ideas about what it could be ? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper eyidahah
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2007
Advanced Support Team
Not all utis cause burning when urinating. I used to get utis all the time and all the discomfort I would get was in the clitoral area and I had pain in my back. I don't always trust the at home uti testings. It could be just the begining of an infection and the doctor could culture the urine to see if bacteria grow, they then would prescribe you an antibiotic. I would give some over the counter uristat a try and see if that helps. That genereally helps with burning, but I fould it also to help with the other problems also. Could it be caused by anything else? Have you had vigorous sex lately that may have irritated that area?
|

replied September 3rd, 2013
I do have the same thing but the sex part is me as well how do I fix it
|

replied June 3rd, 2007
maybe it could be considered vigorous... well, in any case I had sex on thursday and then the whole discomfort peeing thing started on saturday morning.... i have no clue what else it could be.... i drank a lot of cranberry juice yesterday and both of the uti test said that i didnt have one.....
|

replied April 24th, 2012
Hi,
I've just started having exactly the same problems as you and it started a day or two after having sex. Did you ever find out exactly what it was? and how long did it last for? The sensation that I always need to go to the toilet is really frustrating!! Thank you!
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2007
Advanced Support Team
I bet it is the very start of one. I generally got my utis after rough sex. And they started a few days after the vigorous sex session. I'd see a doc if I was you. It is important to void (urinate) after having sex because during sex bacteria can get shoved up your urethra causing utis.
|

replied June 3rd, 2007
thanks for all the help !! so an antibiotic will help it go away ?? just any antibiotic ??? bc i have a cold/laryngitis right now so im going to the doctor tomorrow and he will most likely put me on antibiotics. Will it also help with my possible UTI ?
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2007
Advanced Support Team
It is very likely that he could give you a general antibiotic that will help with both. Be sure to tell him about your concern about a uti and he will prescribe something that can help with both. Given the right antibiotic yes if you have a uti it will clear that up. I have had tonsilitis and a uti at the same time and my doc told me that he could give me something to clear up both at once or there are other antibiotics that would just cure the tonsilitis. Don't assume what he gives you for your throat will help a uti, just make sure you bring it up. It is unlikey that he will put you on 2 diff meds.
|

replied June 4th, 2007
so i just went to the doctor and it isnt a UTI. he said that my urine was clean. he wrote me a prescription for my sinuses and before i left i was like "what about my bladder problem ?" and he said to drink cranberry juice and to give it a few days.

i need this to go away though... its worse at night... i wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee and after i do, i feel like i have to pee again 5 minutes later.... my bladder feels constantly full at night but not so much during the day. but during the day i still feel that weird sensations towards the end of peeing.... anymore ideas ?
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
Wow to be honest I am really surprised it wasn't a uti. Those are same symptoms I would get (including that clitoral sensation). Hmm I have no idea what it could be.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Need to Tell Your Doctor!!
Let your doctor know about your increase in the "sensation" of having to urinate and the pain. Cranberry juice doesn't cure all. It make not be a infection and that isn't going to come from a uti test.
|

replied February 23rd, 2009
weird clitoral discomfort
have just read your first entry about this issue searching formy own answers. Symptoms are identicle and you posted in 2007. Hope you get this response. By now it should be gone or you have figured out what it is. Would appreciate an update from you on this matter. thanks
|

replied February 25th, 2009
clitoral discomfort
can you update. What did this turn out to be?
|

replied August 21st, 2009
Update Please?
An update on this would be very appreciated. I've been up all night because of similar discomfort. I'd really like to know what I'm dealing with.
|

replied August 23rd, 2009
weird clitoral discomfort
It turned out to be nerve damage and is taking several months to heal. I have had several test, one for uti, another procedure to see inside my bladder and the last was to test for muscle tone and nerve response. This began for me last fall and I still have mild symptoms. It began with a long day of tractor work on a very bumpy pasture. I noticed an increase in the discomfort just recently when I had to use the tractor again. All in all it had been kind of scary but it turned out to be common and not dangerous at all. Apparently there are several nerve endings all around that area some extending into the buttox region, all conected in some way so you don't actually have to have injured your clitoris at all. The nerve damage in another area could produce a response in that area. For me it was a bumpy tractor ride, go figure. The one benefit was a quicker orgasm but I would rather do without the nerve damage to achieve that. In any case it never hurts to get it checked out for yourself to be sure your problem is the same thing. The severity lasted only three days so definitely go see someone of it lasts longer than that for you. Hope it helps you to have read this. P.s. It was more comfortable to wear dresses until the symptoms eased up enough to tolerate any pressure there.
|
Users who thank eyidahah for this post: NayadA 

replied April 8th, 2011
omg thank you this was so helpful. For a few days now I have been feeling this discomfort and i have no idea what it's from. It hurts to touch it and when im in the shower washing it burns. But the thing is, during intercourse it never gets touched. For some reason I dont even get off to it when it's touched. I like to believe it's broken lol. But I hope this is something minor and not something huge. Thank you.
|

replied April 8th, 2011
omg thank you this was so helpful. For a few days now I have been feeling this discomfort and i have no idea what it's from. It hurts to touch it and when im in the shower washing it burns. But the thing is, during intercourse it never gets touched. For some reason I dont even get off to it when it's touched. I like to believe it's broken lol. But I hope this is something minor and not something huge. Thank you.
|

replied June 29th, 2010
This is the start of a UTI, but an infection higher up in the urinary tract, I think. I had exactly the same thing this year in March and within another day or two it was very painful to pee indeed. It was unlike when I had had a UTI some years ago when you have more pelvic pain. Helen
|

replied June 29th, 2010
This is the start of a UTI, but an infection higher up in the urinary tract, I think. I had exactly the same thing this year in March and within another day or two it was very painful to pee indeed. It was unlike when I had had a UTI some years ago when you have more pelvic pain. Helen
|

replied June 29th, 2010
Actually, it may not be an infection. I have dealt with my symptoms for nearly two years now and the consenus is that it is a condition called Restless Genital Syndrome (RGS) and can be googled for more information. Some women have had a very difficult time tolerating this and others such as my self seem to have less severe symptoms. Some women claim it is sexually frustrating others it's just very bothersome. The symptoms can disappear as quickly as they came on. My symptoms now are vague but its a reminder that its actually still there. The doctors are saying that they are recently seeing an increase in women reporting this problem. If you are indeed having an infection it will be diagnosed quickly by your doctor. If you are clear of any inection, you may very well be experienceing RGS and you will quickly learn that the symptoms are not the same. The urgency to pee makes this syndome confusing at first but if you think this is your case a quick google of the name will give you many case senarios to compare your own symptoms to. In any case the only thing I havn't tried to remedy this completely is a natural path or some such and certainly if my sympotoms worsen again that is where I'll go next. Hope this helps you!!!
|

replied October 13th, 2010
hi, well i started having the same sensation on my clitoris when i finish peeing. it doesn't burn or hurt, it just feels like its having a mini orgasm. but its uncomfortable because im not doing anything im just peeing. it happens every time and idk whats wrong. its definitely not a uti or a yeast infection, it bothers from inside the clit and stays sensitive. any response?
|

replied May 27th, 2012
I am going through thiss for the third time now and later for me comes a back pain and sensative skin like with the flu it all got worse and turned put to be kidney and or gal stones. At hospital mentioned the pressure and clit sensations and they said it can be an early symptoms
|

replied November 21st, 2010
I seem have the same thing. I've had it for years now. I goes away and comes back. It was gone for a good 3 months and its just hit me again, i've now had it for about 2 weeks. I've had UTI tests and a cystoscopy and nothing has helped or been found. I'm beginning to think that maybe it is nerve damage, Got to admit though I'm getting very concerned that I have something that won't be able to be treated. I think I will go back to the Dr.
|

replied November 21st, 2010
I seem have the same thing. I've had it for years now. I goes away and comes back. It was gone for a good 3 months and its just hit me again, i've now had it for about 2 weeks. I've had UTI tests and a cystoscopy and nothing has helped or been found. I'm beginning to think that maybe it is nerve damage, Got to admit though I'm getting very concerned that I have something that won't be able to be treated. I think I will go back to the Dr.
|

replied November 25th, 2010
I have had this problem since I was 11 & I would mastgurbate even when I didn't want to just to make the sensation go away. I'm so relieved to hear there are other..

(I'm 20 now..)
|
Tags: bladder, uti
Quick Reply