Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

I Am a Waddler

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I am officially a waddler. My husband actually asked me yesterday if I was waddling. It was slightly funny but slightly irritating as well. Of course I waddle. I am carrying around so much extra weight right now!! He said it's cute because his son is making me waddle - how cute...I don't feel too cute right now. I can't imagine how much I am going to waddle in a few weeks. I am only 33 weeks now. Seven more weeks just seems so very long.
I have also given up on wearing most of my sandals and now where cheap flip flops.

This heat is killing me. I was pregnant in the middle of summer in Phoenix, Arizona with Nathan. For some reason, that didn't seem as bad. Perhaps it was and I just don't remember.

People ask me all the time when I am due. They are being extremely nice but I just don't want to talk with random people lately. I am very hormonal and moody. I smile and answer them and I talk to them for a while thinking...I hope this conversation will end soon. Horrible, I know. At least random people don't touch my belly like during my last pregnancy. I may give off some vibe that says, "Don't get too close to me!" Ohhhh, those wonderful hormones.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 3rd, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
It's hard not to waddle when you feel like you're carrying a bowling ball between your legs. I can relate. With my waddling and swollen ankles I feel like a cross between a duck and......shrek. Everyone's constantly asking me questions and rubbing my belly too!! Not that I'm complaining, I love being pregnant!!!!! Smile
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
well i love shrek so it's okay!
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2007
Supporter
count me in the duck club Laughing .Dom seems to think it's funny, me on the other hand feel like i have to keep my hands cupped between my legs incase she falls out
|

replied June 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hahahah brian was making fun of me because i was on the treadmil at the gym and he said he could see me waddling from across the room..
thanks hun for the encouragment!

I swear lol.. I can only wear flip flops now.. My feet get too swollen from anything else

Dont you wish men could be pregnant just for a day!!
|

replied June 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
vanessalouanne wrote:

Dont you wish men could be pregnant just for a day!!

Yes, I do!!!!!! Maybe then, my husband would understand the flip flops in emotions and how uncomfortable 7 months pregnant can be, especially in the hot weather we have experienced lately. I would settle for him being pregnant for just one hour; he would never make it!!!!
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2007
Supporter
ahmen! flip flops are my saviour
|

replied June 4th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
ugh, I went for a barbecue with the inlaws yesterday and I ended up sitting in the house by myself half the time. Everyone kept asking me what was wrong and I'm like "I'm pregnant". I just couldn't take the heat. Plus my ankles are so fat and my feet are so big and flat that I don't like wearing shorts so I was wearing jeans. Everyone was trying to get me to change my clothes so I could go outside. I almost jumped into the turtle pool with the kids. That would have been a sight!
|