Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

I Always hungry : bloating , lots of gas ?

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
User Profile
i feel hungry all the time and i feel someone nervous. i recently got tested for mono and strep but they came back negative. im always tired and sometimes i get migrained. i eat and i have bad bloating and i pass a lot of gas. everyone says i have lost weight but i feel i have gained weight making more nervous. i have had regular periods but the last one i had lasted only 4 days. is this normal. can anyone help me? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 3rd, 2007
maybe you should get tested for an overactive thyriod
|

replied June 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
What's your diet like?
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2007
well underactive thyroid runs in my family my mother has it so maybe thats it. Confused
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2007
umm my diet is not all that great. i have lost a lot of wieght since i hit my groth spurt but i have been eating a lot of junk food. all these problems began when i ate some chinese food from down the street it started with a bad taste in my mouth then i was constipated that went away then i had a sore throat, i felt tired, and nauseous but never got sick sick like throwing up then it all went away then i started hving like this sinus thing going on where id blow my nose and it would be dark gree or yellow. iw ent to my doctor, got tested was negative for everything. then i got my period, and since then i haen't felt 100% as i used to be b4 i ate that chinese food what could it be? Embarassed Crying or Very sad plus i had a lot of gas lately and my chest was hurting a bit. my heart was ding this weird thing like it would jump out of my chest like that funny feeling you get on a rolercoaster but in your chest not your stomach. and i have spasms all over sometimes. im still feeling very weak and even if i get a full nights sleep im still exhausted throughout the day. whats goin on? anybody know?
|

replied June 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
If the doctor finds nothing, you might want to keep going until something is found. Might as well get your thyroid checked while you're at it. If the doctor keeps failing, try a naturopath. They heal you as opposed to just dispensing drugs that cover symptoms. Though, it would involve life changes. Well worth it if you're very sick, and it would also mean you won't be sick later on in life.

Did you tell your doctor how these symptoms appeared after eating the Chinese food? If you have new symptoms like palpitations you should definitely see a doctor as you have new things to tell and get checked for.

Gas, bloating, fatigue can all easily be caused by bad diet. In fact, just about every single disease is caused, exacerbated, or mis-prevented by a bad diet, even cancer.

One of the quickest fixes is to improve digestion. This can be accomplished among other things, by taking probiotics. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria which will improve digestion, help you assimilate nutrition, improve immune function, keep bad bacteria/fungi/yeast in check, etc. You can find it at health stores. Look for enteric coated, multi-strain, high count. You could also look into Spectra 12. Contains many strains as well as other whole food sources which are great for health. Eating fermented foods could help too, such as yogurt, kefir, saurkraut, etc. However, if it's pasteurized there's really no point. Non-pasteurized could be found at health stores, Whole Foods, or on the internet.

General diet guideline that I'll copy and past from another thread I just posted in...

""Healthy comes from eating the right foods and avoiding the wrong ones. Eating 9-12 servings (based on body size. women generally need less) of vegetables and fruit everyday, mostly raw and mostly organic (especially apples, strawberries, cucumbers, celery, peaches, etc. As they have high amounts of pesti/herbicides). Low on grains, but the seeds, nuts, grains you do eat should be soaked, sprouted, or fermented. If you eat dairy, it should be non-pasteurized and raw and organic. Meats should be organic. Including fermented foods is good, and/or probiotic supplements. Also a natural multi-vit/mineral, as well as an omega 3 supplement. Avoid refined sugar, processed flours, hydrogenated oils, and overall any processed foods. Steaming vegetables is the best way to cook them, and oils should generally not be cooked with. Not that oils are bad, but heating them is. Don't overcook meat, or anything for that matter.

To top it off add an exercise routine. Including cardio as well as weight training. Weight training isn't just for muscles, it's for health and strong bones.""

I could write a million words getting more specific, but that's a guideline you can look into more. It's hard because corporations and media make it sound so easy. Stay away from red meat, wrong. Whole Grains good, not so right. Eating the least amount of processed is the best. It's complicated because processed means so much. Meat isn't bad for you, it's the way meat is made. Injecting hormones, antibiotics, feeding them unnatural diets of corn and grains, fattening them up, etc. Pasture raised, organic meat is good for you and part of healthy human societies.

Pasteurized, processed, preserved, refined = bad. MSG, Hydrogenated Oils, refined sugar, white flour, basic table salt, caffeine, artificial sweeteners = bad.
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2007
thank you so much u have been a great help. i will certainly look into all of these things and ill ask my mom if she can make me an appointment. just one more thing...the shortened period that i had that was only 4 days instead of like 7 is that normal for a teenage girl of 14. my mom thinks it just teenage hormones. does that go along with my diet? Very Happy
|

replied June 4th, 2007
Experienced User
I'll let one of the ladies here comment more about the period, but from what I've read around here periods seem to be anything but normal.

As far as your hormones being affected by diet, most definitely. A healthy diet creates a better homeostasis in your body as far as pH, functions, hormones, etc. So hormones can be better balanced.

However, you're a teenager and you're still going to get teenage hormones. Nature doesn't want you to pass that up.
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2007
could i possibly have pms? i know im a hypochondriac when it comes to these sort of things but i just looked up a lot of the symptoms associated with pms and a lot of them are what im experiencing? Confused
|

replied June 4th, 2007
Experienced User
Usually PMS will taper off after your period and you could have a couple weeks or so symptom free.

Are you sick everyday or just a couple weeks a month?

Women here would know more about PMS than I do.
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2007
im sick everyday but not with all of the symptoms i mentioned in past entries. if i get sick its in the morning usually i just feel tired and weak everyday and im always hungry but if i eat i get bloated and pass alot of gas or i feel i have to go to the bathroom but then i don't go. i also have weird sensations in my upper abdomen sort of like muscle spasms but on the inside. then it will go away and i feel like my normal self butt hen if i don't eat it comes back.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Relax hon Smile
If you are 14, your period will change and change until you are done growing. Don't worry about it being longer or shorter or early or late until you are completely done growing. You should also not be losing weight at all unless you are seriously overweight (it doesn't sound like that's the case) so don't worry about that.

What you are experiencing can be pms... bloating, migraines (btw if you get migraines with visual symptoms you should see a neurologist , if they're just really bad headaches it could be pms) gas, all of these things could be pms if they occur the week or so before your period. It stinks. Ask your mom to buy you some pms medicine.

If you really feel sick everyday, you should go to the doctor. But some of the things you are describing sound normal, espeically feeling tired and weak in the morning (are you sleeping enough?)and if you eat and it goes away you're probably just hungry!! Try making sure you are eating healthy and eating enough to maintain your growing body and see if you feel better. If you don't, then go see a doc. You are growing, and your body needs lots of energy to maintain growing and changing. If your mom has thyroid issues it is worth getting checked, that could be the cause as well.

So the summary of this is, relax, eat enough and eat healthy, and get your thyroid checked if you are worried. If this continues, go see a doc.
|

replied June 5th, 2007
Experienced User
Be sure to go to the doctor and let us know (if you wish) how it turns out. Tell her the whole story from beginning to end and she'll have an idea of what to test. Thyroid, Diabetes, etc.

It might help if you write it down too, as you may end up concentrating on the symptoms that bother you, instead of letting her know ALL of the symptoms.

And don't worry about it. Make an appointment and don't even think about what it might be, you're not a doctor, and you'll probably think the worst.
|

replied September 3rd, 2010
im always hungry tierd and feeling bloated i have a headache everyday but my doc just sed it was a tenson headache but ive had it for about 3 months consently and i also have stomach pains and discunfet in my chest whats up with me?
|

replied October 4th, 2011
this same exact thing (and I mean EXACT) is happening to me. It's because of your diet. The way my doctor explained it is that my body has basically gone into starvation mode because I'm not eating correctly (college student living on macaroni). Too many carbs and not enough protein or fruit. This can effect everything from periods to headaches and hunger. Your body stays hungry because its not getting what it wants. I was able to make it stop by eating lots of protein bars and shakes. Atleast two shakes a day and one bar and even a little peanut butter here and there wouldn't hurt. Unfortunately I ran out of these a few days ago and my body has gone back to being weird. As far as the chinese food, for me it was the school's pasta. It's the carbs!!
|

replied March 27th, 2013
Parasites in that Chinese food can make u nervous and hungry and bloat.
I'm sure I have too from fountain water
|